Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Question about ovulation

leese814leese814 Posts: 24
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok, I know there are posts out there with my same question but I can't find one. I'm wondering if/how to tell exactly when you ovulate? AI last month didn't work. I'm wondering if I might have AI on the wrong days. When do other people AI? How many hours after smiley? Also, I use clomid and have intense O pains before my smiley. I've been pregnant before but never with AI so this is a bit foreign to me. Oh and I'm going to try to use 042m, anyone have pics of his offspring?

Thanks so much, the people on here are so nice and helpful. I'm thankful that I have all of you to talk to.
nbvybc.jpg2w6ccyg.jpg

Mommy to Makenna Jolee 16 months old. Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 1

Comments

• Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    I think the only way to fully insure that you have ovulated is by temping. Your temperature will rise the day after (or so) you ovulate. So that indicator along with using the OPKs, checking cervix position, and CM together should help you get a good idea. I know without the temperature change there is always the slight possibility that you did not ovulate when you thought you did, resulting in faulty timing for AI!!
    If you are only using OPK's it is hard to advise, everyone is different, some ovulate within 24 hrs of positive OPK, some 48hrs. I do know from reading on this forum that some think the lined OPKs are more helpful, I think most of us use a combination of the two.
    Are you getting monitored with the clomid? Getting an ultrasound to insure that you have ripe follicles? Considered an HCG trigger shot? Getting doctor assisted AI or are you doing it at home?

Hope I helped a little! Good luck to you!!!
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    Oh and the "miracle BFP" for mysweetangel was with 042M
  • Options
    leese814leese814 Posts: 24
    edited November -1
    First of all, thank you! I had an ultrasound two months ago with clomid and had 3 large folicles. I didn't last month but plan on getting one this month. Last month I did the lined opk and smiley. I AI 12 and 24 hours after +opk. I did use a new donor too. I should mention that I only have one ovary and tube, a cyst on my ovary the size of a grapefruit, and stage 4 endometriosis. I was pregnant about 5 months ago with BF but that didn't work out. I've never tried temping but I'm going to give it a shot this month. I should be AI next thurs or friday. I don't know much about the trigger shot and neither does my doc. I plan on doing an ICI and IUI like I did last month. My doc is a good friend so she can IUI anytime I need her to :) I saw the "miracle baby" post! That is amazing! She sounds real sweet too, I'd be happy to have her baby's sibling :)
    nbvybc.jpg2w6ccyg.jpg

Mommy to Makenna Jolee 16 months old. Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 1