Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Trigger ?

nervouswrecknervouswreck Posts: 379
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
This is a dumb question , but I am just curious, does the trigger cause OHSS? The reason I ask was I was reading online how it could be a factor in OHSS. I don't see how the trigger can cause it. I can however see how the Clomid or Femara could be the real cause of OHSS. I would think if anything the trigger would help by forcing the eggs out.

Comments

• Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    My Dr did tell me that whether or not we did the trigger was my choice because it could lead to OHSS. I didn't really ask why because I knew I wanted it to help with timing my insems.
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
    edited November -1
    No clue really but my RE told me that the Femara and Clomid create more DOMINANT follicles and they all technically should drop with surge or with trigger. I am testament to that. I always get three with Femara and all three go when I surge on my own or if I use the trigger. I remember I used a trigger first then next cycle I surged before trigger and I was FREAKING out that all three wouldnt go without the trigger. My RE explained that they would cause they are all dominant and they did.
    I have no clue why the trigger would cause the OHHS?
    54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png