Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Another freaking car accident

LKLK Posts: 711
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Paige got hit today on her way to school. She is hurt but fine. Her new car's(the new car we bought her last year after she got hit head on and that new car was totaled) passenger side is all smashed, her brakes broke and her car is unable to be driven. Thank God she is fine and she was by herself. This accident happened in almost the exact spot and almost the same date as her accident last year. I am already a nervous wreck now I think I will just never let her leave the house. The accidents are never her fault--I just wish everyone would pay attention--at least this lady has insurance!!

Comments

• Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    OH My. Im so sorry and so happy that Paige is okay.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Oh no! I am so glad Paige is ok. Sorry to hear this. I know your family must be so shaken up.
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    Ugh, so sorry to hear you are having to go through this again. I had one really bad car accident 2.5yrs ago and it still freaks me out when I have to drive in bad weather (it was a rainy day and another car lost control)... I can only imagine having that fear in regards to your children driving. Hope Paige is feeling better soon.
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    mausandlodiemausandlodie Posts: 312 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So glad to hear that Paige is OK - how scary!
    fb07f31c-23cd-4846-9060-8d5113d22bdb_zpsejjbeelw.jpg
    4d79eb04-373b-476e-96e2-4b5387a0f1e1_zpsoeetv1ez.jpg
  • Options
    2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad shes okay but her new nickname should be crash! :)
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Glad she is ok. What a scary experience!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    Poor Paige!!! So glad she is OK, but I know your nerves are shot!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    Oh no, I'm glad she's okay! What a pain to have to deal with repair/replacing a car, though.

You said you're relieved this person had insurance - was the last person at fault uninsured? When you said you spent so much money on a new car for Paige, I figured she was at fault and was confused about why you had to spend so much out of pocket. Did you not have uninsured motorist coverage, or did you just want to upgrade her car?

I hope she is back to 100% soon and that you feel less shaken soon. I can't imagine letting my babies drive - it must be so nerve wracking!
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    destinydestiny Posts: 723 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank god she is ok ... Its so many careless drivers out there thinking they are the only ones on the roads.
    KZNUm6.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Oh no! I'm so sorry this happened! Is Paige home with you now?
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    Oh boy! So glad she is ok!
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah we do call her crash--lol. Mel last year someone hit her head on and totaled the brand new Chevy Colbolt that we bought her for her 16th birthday. I told her she could get a car that was $20,000. After many arguments I just gave in and let her buy the car that just got hit---Nissan Altima3.5 fully loaded (in all honesty she drives a nicer car than I do). We had to pay out of pocket for her car-the people who hit her Colbolt did not have insurance. We do have uninsured motorist coverage but at the time it was just easier to buy her a new car. If I had to take out loans or anything I think I would have gone though our uninsured motorist coverage though. To answer your question after her Colbolt was totaled we upgraded her car--her Colbolt was around $14,000 and her Altima was $27,000---we do have a lawsuit against the person who smashed her Colbolt because they had no insurance, he was driving and his license was taken away and because she got very hurt---her knee will never been the same. We are not suing the woman who hit her yesterday---Paige is sore but not really hurt and this was clearly just an accident. Their insurance already took liability and they said they will get Paiges car back to perfect---at least we don't have to buy her another new car---she would probably want a $40,000 car this time and that is NOT happening!!
    Zen--yeah Paige came right home she didn't even go to the hospital-she is getting ready to go to school right now!!
  • Options
    lavinalavina Posts: 23
    edited November -1
    I'm so sorry and I'm glad to hear Paige is OK. She sounds like my sister. She has been hit so many times it's unbelievable. The irony of it is she has always been such a careful driver. My brother on the other hand is an awful driver and he never gets into accidents; his fault or otherwise. At least this won't turn out to be an opportunity to upgrade for her again! I'm never signing off for my kids to drive, other people scare me too much.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Happy to hear that she's okay. And finding it funny that she drives my car! Well ... I don't have the 3.5 but the rest sounds about the same :)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    footprintsfootprints Posts: 235
    edited November -1
    We are so glad crash is okay! You guys need to buy her a tank or Land Rover ;) S and L needs to patrol the roads up there!! Lots of love to you guys!
    tt12ed52.aspx
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    I am glad we have no fault insurance in MI. When I totaled my car 2.5yrs ago it was not my fault and my insurance covered the whole thing with no problem.
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    omg!buy her a hummer!at least she won't get hurt
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Time to wrap her in bubble wrap and never let her leave the house. Two car accidents that are major car accidents in a year. I feel for you :(
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Smarty is right I love my no-fault in MI. Can you buy no-fault?
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah we have no fault but it only covers up to th amount the car is worth at the time it was crashed. The other thing is that if you end up having to use your coverage it may make your insurance increase (not technically ) but they can raise your rates at anytime. Because Paige wanted a new car it seemed like the perfect time to just get her what she wanted. This time we are hoping that the car is not totaled but we will find out today. Paige is doing great. Thanks for all the well wishes!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Zen do you have the two door car? Do you like it? I hate driving Paiges car because it's so hard to see out of the windows--but she has all her windows tinted---like illegally tinted. When I say she drives a nicer car than I do I'm really not kidding. Is your car also white? Paige loves this car!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have the 4-door sedan and it's a brick red color. As for the windows, no, I don't like them. They're tinted and on the passenger side there's a blind spot the size of Texas! I put one of those small round mirror's up to help and am super careful about changing lanes to compensate. I like everything about the car except that one design flaw!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wonder,Zen, do you have heated seats, heated steering wheels? Paige does but I'm just wonder because you live in a much warmer climate. Do you have the GPS right on your dash? Paige had to have everything and the 3.5 to boot--her car has horrible gas mileage---I think it's time I got a new car--it's very sad when your kid has a nicer car and has nicer clothes then that of her mother--lol
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm laughing because Paige has more bells and whistles than I do! No heat -- but the temp today was 90 so no loss there. I have GPS stuck on the windshield but that was an after-market purchase from the office supply store! I average 25mpg and while it's not great, I don't think it's terrible either. I do have power windows and power doors and power sunroof (that I never use). And power mirrors and seats. Cruise control. Think that's about it. I bought the car pre-owned so I didn't choose all the options but they had just about all I wanted. Only one CD player though. My next car will either have the multi changer or one of those new audio things where you download the music first. I'm a little out of the loop on that!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    I am so glad that she is ok!!
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png