Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Sing me home

michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Anyone read it? I have heard good and bad reviews. I ma on the waiting list at the library and I can pick it up Wed. just wondered anyones thoughts on it.
f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Sing You Home? by Jodi Picoult?
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I read it! I generally adore her books, and this was no different. there were a few times I felt like she was reaching... but it's very much her style, and I like that :)

there were twists around every corner - some I never saw coming! I think Jodi picoult is hit or miss, I find people either love her or hate her. I love her LOL
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    oops it is called sing you home sorry. Yes Jodi PIcoult. I love her b ooks and so does a friend of mine but my friend said she was upset with the book. She did not give me a lot of details because she said she did not want to spoil the book but she is almost mad?????
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    ksmommyksmommy Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    I am on the wait list at the library for this book too. I like Jodi Picoult books...I have read them all....not always a huge fan of the endings though! Looking forward to reading this one.
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    well this one has characters that deal with fertility, pregnancy loss, Christian (radical?) beliefs, and same sex relationships - plenty of "hot button" topics that could bring anger... for sure!

I didn't see the ending coming till about a page before it happened LOL and I was angry with how I THOUGHT it was going to end... but everyone is different. if you're on either "team" that's battling in this book, I could see where it'd be harder to read.
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png