Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

My Garage Sale Bargains!!

GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I had a great morning spending it with my friend Garage Sale shopping. Now I am so tired b/c I have been up since 6am!! LOL
But I just had to share my great bargains. I got a Boppy with a cover that looks brand new for only $10!!! I looked it up on Amazon and the exact same one is $35!!
Oh, and even though we don't know if we have boys or girls,, I found a shirt that I just had to have. It is so cute, it says "Lock up your Daughters" LOL!! I told DP that our babies can wear it no matter what sex they turn out to be LOL.
Oh and my favorite find was a exercise saucer thing with toys, in really good shape for only $10!!
Do you ever go to Garage sales? I haven't been in a while, but enjoyed them today.
pqkom4.png
FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Awesome deals! I love agrage sales, though I rarely go... I live in an OLD community and not many have the kids stuff I wouold be looking for - but the virtual garage sale I am a part of online is GREAT!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    I am a Garage Sale maniac. Plus, I resale kids clothes as a part-time job, when i am not working my full time job. I get tons of great deals some for me & some to sell and some to donate. Works terrific. I ADORE shopping and love bargains even better.
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Love, love, love garage sales! In fact, when I find someone with a boy a year or two older than Justin, I send them reminder postcards to give me a call if they're having a lawn sale the following summer. I buy almost all of Justin's clothes for 25 cents to a dollar, and then I don't care as much if he gets blueberry applesauce or spaghetti sauce stains all over them on the first wearing. I even bought close to 300 outfits before I even got pregnant at 25 cents each. I figure even if I never have a girl, I can sell them at a consignment shop or lawnsale and get my money back down the road.

I think I've only had to go out and buy clothes just after he was born (because he was so small, I had nothing in the preemie or newborn sizes), a pair of boots, and a couple pairs of PJs.

Enjoy the shopping! And do it now - it will only get more difficult and you'll get more tired as the pregnancy progresses.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my opinion twins go through more than twice the clothes of a singleton because often when one spits up it hits both of them. So I would grab what you can of any size ( I have an attic full of clothes up to size 3T) while you are still feeling pretty good. Like Kari says if you have to toss it after 1 wearing you don;t feel as bad. There have been 3 diapers in 15 mo that I just cut the clothes off and thew them away. :)
    Sounds like you got GREAT bargains keep searching!!
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    Yay garage sales! Sadly, we live in the land of lots of winter. My pregnancy completely missed garage sale season. We will be out the first big weekend in May.

Our best finds from before are $5 for a new my breast friend pillow and cover and $5 for a bumbo. These have already gotten some use from my neice. I love baby stuff at garage sales, and will be going a lot after he's born.
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    Mom to Mom sales are great too. We got our exercauser, bouncy seat, jumparoo and a bunch of clothes there.
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    We have gotten great deals at garage sales and thirft stores!

You got some great deals!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    CharmedCharmed Posts: 205
    edited November -1
    I go to garage sales sometimes, but always try to hit up the consignment sales every spring and fall. The stuff at consignment sales is usually a little higher than most garage sales, but usually no more than half of retail. I like that there is tons of stuff in one place, and it is a good place to sell your own stuff too. You can google kids consignment sales in your state and there is a website that a lot are listed on. Some are better than others.
    LOVE the shirt and got a good chuckle out of the our kids can wear it either way. Too cute!
    combatbootsflipflops.jpg

DHLLm5.png
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    Well congrats on your find. Is there anyone on here who just could not buy their kids stuff from a garage sale?? Maybe I'm just weird but I don't think I could ever do it. I certainly don't think anything is wrong with it---I really wish I could buy Beck clothes that way!!!
  • Options
    lolabellolabel Posts: 99
    edited November -1
    One of the great joys of living in NYC, and more particularly Brooklyn, is the stoop sales. When it warms up and they all start, we bike around the neighbourhoods checking out the stoop sales. I've scored everything from ribbons to an amazing bread maker. Well done on your finds!
    Mother to a 4 year old who has changed my whole world for the better!
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    I've never found anything at garage sales, mostly just junk but I have found some awesome deals at consignment sales. Very cute smocked outfits! Also ebay has awesome smocked sales. We got Bronx's nursery furniture at an antique store who buys some of her things at garage sales.