Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Check out her April Fools' Day joke on us: no school, no power for 11.5 hours, and a foot of snow. These were taken at 8:30 in the morning, when I went out to shovel the first of three times. I'm soooo jealous of those sunny-weather pictures from those of you from the South!

100_1387.jpg100_1383.jpg100_1386.jpg
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have to agree it is just WRONG! I just came in from shoveling myself.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    Ugh! So sorry ladies. Although your son looks adorable in his snow pics, to have a foot of white stuff April 1st is not cool. Then again I was sweating in central Florida today in shorts & a t-shirt. Sorry, just had to share. Hugs and Hot Chocolate ladies!
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
  • Options
    jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    But when it's 110 outside with 100% humidity, snow looks pretty good! :-)
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Go away snow!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I'm glad I didn't post about the sunburn I got yesterday, or how I drank 64 ounces of water in 5 hours because it was so hot when I was outside in direct sun for half the day.

oops!
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    My car registered 100°F yesterday and I was happy to see it down to 90°F today!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    Wow! Those pics are beautiful! Wish I could comment on the snow, but I'm an island girl, never even seen snow. :) today was a comfortable 75 with blue skies.
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Well, I am jealous, I will trade you anyday. Like pp yesterday my car said 102. YUK I will even shovel the snow. Sorry you have had it with the snow. Spring will come your way soon.
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    I would rather take a foot of snow than hot and humid any day. Though I agree it is time for some more spring like weather. I remember that there was a mini blizzard the day we brought Ray home from the hospital April 7th and I even have a picture of the daffodils poking through the snow with one very confused robin from that day.

I hope you and Justin got to enjoy some of your snow day... warm weather is around the corner!
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    The robins here were pretty confused Friday as well. Fortunately the day before & the day after were in the 50's. It's tiring to deal with the snow because it involves so much preparation to get outside, and then changes of clothes once we come inside. Justin went through 4 regular outfits, 2 pairs of snowpants, jackets, hats, pairs of mittens, etc. Then we had to stop going out because he only has one pair of boots, and they got wet.

I need some true spring weather to dry all this stuff up so we can play on the lawn!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    The first warm day here, Ray was just so happy to run from one end of the yard to the other without his cumbersome snow gear!

So after you shoveled 3 times, it was 50 degrees the next day and the snow all melted?! Ugh, that would be so frustrating!
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    We love the snow but it still blows my mind that it is still snowing in April. We went up north to visit and get a snow fix in mid January and that seems like so long ago!
    It has been like 86 degrees here lately and, on the other end of the spectrum, I can't believe it is that hot already! I fear what July and August will be like.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu