Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Breastfeeding help needed :-)

lovelymswolflovelymswolf Posts: 149
edited April 2011 in Pregnancy and Babies
I started out bf-ing right away after the boys were born. I had every intention of exclusively nursing... Well I had some PPD the first week and it really hindered my ability to bf. I was dealing with my emotions and I let bf-ing fall behind. Because of this I did not really get a large supply. We have been supplementing with formula since day 3.. I really have tried to increase my supply but it is dificult when I have both boys and it's just me. I attempt to bf one and then the other cries and it is so hard.. The same with pumpng. The only time I have is when one is asleep and the other is awake...

I am able to pump or bf each baby about twice a day.. My supply is so low thAt when I pump i get about half an oz.. And that's both breasts! So I Always have to offer formula after nursingto make sure they are satisfied. I really want to increase my supply. I am so dissapointed at how things have gone with my breastfeeding. Ideally I would be exclusivly bf-ing and/or pumping. Do you think it is possible to increase my supply still? Am I too late?? I am back at work which helps since I now have more time to pump.. I do at least 3-4 times while gone for my shift... I got some organic bf tea that is supposed to increase supply.. I just hope it is still possible and thought you could provide some Insight :-)
Fall2011358-1-1.jpg
3qtim7.png

Comments

• Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Try eating oatmeal, take fenugreek and blessed thistle. You could check out asklenore.com. That is the site we use that has the protocol for inducing lactation. You could get some ideas from it maybe.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    What have you tried so far to increase your supply? Do you have a LC you have been working with? That would be my biggest suggestion and to do all of the things I am sure you have read - when you are with the babies forget schedules just let them nurse as long as they will stay latched, skin to skin contact, more water than you can stand, and an LC on speed dial if you don't already have one.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was told how ever long you quit feeding is how long it will take to come back. I know you did not stop but I would think now you have more time to pump at work if you keep trying in a few weeks you will see results.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    I would definitely get in touch with a LC. Our came to the house and stayed with us for a few hours each time. My supply never increased (and I still do EVERYTHING she suggested)...but I have friends who had a lot of luck in the supply increase department. I gave up pumping long ago but I still nurse Finn a few times a day...and I'm guessing she only gets about .5oz to an oz. each feeding.

The things I've done and continue to still do are...
    - skin to skin while feeding (Finn is just in a diaper, I'm topless)
    - fenugreek tablets
    - mothers milk tea (twice a day)
    - a TON of water
    - oatmeal
    - extra calcium

Hang in there!
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg