Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

bleeding AGAIN (updated)

EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
edited April 2011 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi, everyone. We were at the hospital for 5.5 hours this morning because R was bleeding for about the fourth time throughout this pregnancy. To make a long story short, she most likely has a UTI. The baby looks "perfect" and "gorgeous" (according to our doctor), and her cervix is closed, but she was having mild contractions. They did an ultrasound to make sure that there weren't any issues with the placenta, and that looked great, as well. Our hope at this point is that he at least waits until May 2nd to make his debut because he will be at 37 weeks on that day. We really had a scare and are so thankful that he is doing okay. If nothing else, this morning was a major reality check that he will be here soon!

UPDATE: She does not have a UTI. Essentially, the bleeding does not have an explanation. She is, however, feeling better. She is less nauseous and dizzy. We are still worried, even though Holden is still as active as ever. She's going to swing by our OB's office for a quick checkup on Friday afternoon. Our hope is that it was some kind of fluke, just like the other times. Sigh.

UPDATE AGAIN: R is back with a doctor this morning because of some spotting. It was brown this time, so hopefully it is less serious.

Please see below for anymore updates.
wqr43o.jpg
IRcim4.png
iaXMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Happy to hear this was just a scare and baby understands the need to stay put for now!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    So sorry you had such an eventful morning. Glad that baby is doing great!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, girls!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    what a scare but i am happy to hear that everyone is ok!!
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Glad all turned out well from a scary morning... fingers crossed the wee man stays put for another month!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you. To be honest, I'm more worried about R than the baby at this point. She's been feeling dizzy and nauseous on and off all day (and yesterday, apparently, but she didn't tell me). I have faith that the baby will be okay (early or not), but my terror lies right now in losing her. I can't even think about it.
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    Scary. Glad things ended up being fine.
  • Options
    jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad everything is ok. Tell R to take it easy and get some rest.
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg
  • Options
    Bailey131Bailey131 Posts: 25
    edited November -1
    So glad to hear everything was okay. Keep us posted, I home the rest of the pregnancy is as boring, mundane, and routine as possible.
    c48368ad-94c7-4afa-a8a4-41a329848923_6-1-2.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Hang in there girls!
    I had severe bleeding from beginning of the pregnancy through the early part of the third trimester. Doctors were sure he would come early. I was contracting semi-regularly from 31wks onward and began dilating at 35wks. Sebastian still hung in until 38wks 4days though. :-)
    It is coming though...and when Holden arrives you'll forget quickly about all of these complications.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you, everyone, for your comforting words. Nina, you especially made me feel better. The bleeding is the scariest part, especially since no one seems to have a real answer for why it has happened this many times. Anyway, I am enormously relieved today because R is being herself again (not lethargic or glassy-eyed like she was yesterday), and I'm sure that a lot of it has to do with a good night's sleep (for us both).
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    An update is in my original post.
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Glad things are better...
    Try to relax and yes good sleep is essential at this time.
    Hoping this was just a fluke...I know how hard it is to not have an exact medical explanation for some of these complications, but rest assured that you are in good hands with your medical team and both Mommy and Holden are well cared for.
    Best wishes for you guys...hang in there!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you. I just updated my first post again because R is with a doctor again this morning. She was spotting when she woke up. We're trying not to freak out. Actually, I'm trying not to freak out, and she is as calm as can be. Holden was moving all around this morning, seemingly happy and normal.
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The doctor did an internal exam and found nothing. She is not dilated, but she is contracting every 11 minutes (even though she can't feel the contractions...so are those just Braxton Hicks then?). Any thoughts? She said that she will not be surprised if he comes early but that she hopes that he will at least hold off until 35 weeks (starting April 18th). Would he be okay at 35 weeks? I thought that 37 was supposed to be the minimum. Sorry about so many questions! NERVOUS!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
    edited November -1
    37 weeks is considered "full term" to most. But they can be okay before that. 34 weeks + most babies may require a short NICU stay, but they are usually pretty well off. Although every case is different. My newest niece was just born at 36 weeks (Although I think that they calc. her preg. wrong and she was more like 35) She was 5 lbs. 6 oz. and didn't require any NICU time, and was home in 3 days (Her Mom had an emergency C-Section). She didn't require anything special, she did have jaundice though, that was all.
  • Options
    ljfor3ljfor3 Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    My friend had her daughter at 34 weeks and she was 5lb 5oz and was in the hospital for a week. Her breathing was absolutely fine, she was just having heart arrhythmias (which went away) and they wanted to make sure she was gaining weight. She did awesome though. Good luck, hopefully he stays in for a little while longer!
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear all appears to be well and was just a weird occurrence. Not much longer to go. Take care!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As long as he's moving around and reassuring you he's fine. Preemies can come as early as 24 weeks and be ok so at 33 weeks you're in good shape. Trust your doctor to know when he needs to come if he's going to be early. And get ready! Because 35 weeks is only two weeks away! He could be here before Easter!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    glad everything is ok with baby... hoping he stays put!
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you so much, everyone. I will obviously keep you posted. R is currently walking on our treadmill, and it's driving her crazy that she is no longer permitted to run or jog. This weekend will be spent finishing cleaning the house and nursery and packing our hospital bag, just in case.
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    texas4texas4 Posts: 60
    edited November -1
    At 33 weeks 4 days, R is EXACTLY on the day that our guys were born. And each at 3lbs 6oz too. Yes, they were in the NICU for 17 days to get over jaundice and on a c-pap (to help breathing), but they were FINE. Both are over 36 inches and 30lbs+. No health problems whatsoever.

(Levi is singing "I see the Light" from Tangled right now. And Grey laughs hysterically when the palace soldiers get run over by the huge friend of Flynn's.)

So even if baby came today, he would probably be more than okay. It's so hard not to worry and relax, we all know that. And R sounds like Lori, she couldn't stay still either and was doing yardwork with me earlier in the day she went to the hospital!

I definitely agree to be ready at this point. We were 85% ready and got the rest done waiting for the boys to come home.

Hoping your little guys sticks where he is for a bit longer.
    Karen & Lori (DP & bio-mom)
    CIMG1219.jpgCIMG1306.jpg
    CIMG1794.jpg
    L on the left, G on the right

DssGm6.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for sharing. It's so good to know that he would be okay (and that your boys are doing so well!).

There has been no bleeding since Friday, and she is feeling great. We're trying to stay positive and hopeful for at least a few more weeks! Thanks again, everyone. You all helped me to freak out a little less last week. :-)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png