Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Morning sickness, fact or fiction?

miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I was wondering if any of you all have experienced MS more with boys or girls? My mom is convinced that b/c I've had MS that we are having a boy. I was just curious to see what you guys thought, did those with MS seem to have more girls or boys or is it just a wise tale?!!
Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!

Comments

• Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    My mom never had morning sickness with me or my sister. I got nausaus everyday from 5weeks-10weeks, but only threw up about 5 times total. As you know we are having a boy :-)
  • Options
    starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
    edited November -1
    DP had lots of nausea and a little throwing up with both babies #1 and #2....both girls.

I have had NO morning sickness, and really no nausea. Haven't thrown up once. Expecting a boy next month.
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    I think old wives tale.. My mom had four of us (3 girls, 1 boy), no ms. My sister had 4 as well (2 boys, 2 girls), no ms. Hopefully i follow their genes! Lol
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    IbelieveIbelieve Posts: 471
    edited November -1
    I had ms from week 10 to 16 withe the first two or three of those being the worst with daily throwing up and feeling sick all day. It got better after that with just feeling sick unless I ate regularly. I had a boy.
  • Options
    mysweetangelmysweetangel Posts: 239
    edited November -1
    I had really bad ms from 6-20 weeks with my first and I had a girl. Also, once I switched from the prenatals to 2 flintstones a day, the ms went away completely.
    Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
    2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg
  • Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    Very little MS with daughter #1.
    Constant MS with daughter #2.
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    We're having a boy....no morning sickness.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Me:
    Baby#1 MS - girl
    Baby#3 MS - ??

DP:
    Baby#2 No MS - girl
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a moment of morning sickness and i had two boys.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I had about 2 weeks of "queasy" but never threw up, never even felt like I was going to throw up (more gassy feeling) with my son.

I was super sick with my daughter, till about the 6 month mark, though I only threw up daily for the first four months.

This time I feel sicker then I did with my daughter, and more tired, but I think overall I have thrown up less, because I nailled on the right combination of foods and meds earlier. I am carrying much as I did my daughter, but my gut says boy. We'll know in November!

Others I have heard of: My one sis only had "bad" MS with one of her four pregnancies... girl. Other 2 girls and one boy were all queasies but no major illness.

Other sis had 2 girls and no MS whatsoever, not even sour belly. She had major heartburn with both, and dizzy spells.

My Mom said the only one she had some MS with out of the 4 pregnancies she had was me. And even that was minor and more just "blah" then barfy.

My step-mom has no MS with my brother.

Me step-daughter had mid-line MS with some vomitting with Melanie.

Actually, in my experience more girls lead to MS then boys!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Absolutely no morning sickness and we had a girl!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    Well, that is CRAZY!!! I'm feeling like our babies a girl but my mom's constant nagging about ms has be doubting myself. I know we will know soon enough, but it's fun to see how you feel compared to actual fact. I don't care as long as babies healthy but a girl is just what I'm feeling?!? Anywho, to those with 0 ms, you suck!!! lol and those who have lived the constant quesies~here's to you!!!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I had NO morning sickness at all...and we definitely had a boy.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    Nope non at all and we had a boy. Super easy pregnancy & birth. No sickness at all ! Vanessa was sick until the day she delivered and she had a boy so who knows.
  • Options
    lavinalavina Posts: 23
    edited November -1
    My first pregnancy I had morning sickness and a girl. My second pregnancy no morning sickness and a boy. My third pregnancy I started puking before the test would read pregnant and continued until my 5th month: I had a boy. My 4th no sickness or any other pregnancy symptom at all, I'm having a girl. So I didn't follow the wives tale or any rhyme or reason at all for that matter.
  • Options
    angelmommyangelmommy Posts: 282
    edited November -1
    With 2 pregnancies I had hyperemesis requiring hospitalization and it lasted throughout the pregnancy upto and including they day of labor - they were boys.

The pregnancy with my daughter - virtually no morning sickness.

My m/c I had little morning sickness as well - but I lost my baby at 11 weeks and never knew if it was a boy or girl.
    35 - PCOS/DH vasectomy
    Two wonderful boys - 15 and 10
    One beautiful DD in Heaven (10/29/97-9/16/98)
    One angel baby - m/c 10/2003
    TTC 9/2007-9/2008 - BFN's, March, April, June, July & Aug 2011 medicated - BFN
    Taking a mental health break until Oct.
  • Options
    denno26denno26 Posts: 24
    edited November -1
    baby #1 = boy = no ms
    baby #2 = girl = ms
    baby #3 = boy = ms

I'd heard there was a greater likelihood with girls so I was guessing #3 was a girl. Happily surprised it was a boy!
  • Options
    ksmommyksmommy Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    I had ms with both my dd and my ds. I would say that the ms was more uncomfortable with my dd......
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I had no morning sickness while pregnant with Shiloh.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png