Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

A different kind of morning sickness

ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I'm checking in to see if anyone has any tips of what worked for you. I am 6.5 weeks along and have been nauseous just about every day. I force myself to eat, to keep something in my stomach every few hours all day long, including before I get out of bed in the morning.

I actually have not vomited (yet), but every morning when I wake up I feel like I need to. I get sweaty and start salivating. Then, right when I think I'm going to be sick, I have something coming out the opposite end. I am plagued by frequent (6x+ daily) loose BMs. Sorry if TMI. I pretty much have the issue off and on all day. I will talk about it with my midwife at our appointment this week, to see if she has any suggestions. I'm just tired and weak.

Anyone else experience this? Any tips? Specific foods that were triggers or that helped? I'm trying to drink a ton of water to stay hydrated. I'm also trying to look on the bright side. At least I'm not constipated.... :)

Thanks for any tips.

Comments

• Options
    mysweetangelmysweetangel Posts: 239
    edited November -1
    Are you taking prenatals?
    Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
    2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Lol, I was always nauseas but rarely threw up. Everyone kept telling me that I would get constipated in the first trimester but I was completely opposite. I had diareah for a few weeks and then my bowels got pretty regular. Sorry you are going through this.
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My guess would be that it's the excess saliva. This is the same reason some babies have this problem when they're teething, because they're swallowing all of that excess. I think that some people are pukers and other people are more like H, have a stomach like a steel trap! She definitely went through periods of these troubles throughout her pregnancy. For her it lasted the whole time. Sorry!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes. I have been taking them for 8 months and I've never had a problem with them. I have a fairly well balanced diet too, and no major changes to it recently.

I should mention that this just started happening about a week ago and has happened every day since then.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Cocobay, glad I'm not alone. Yuck.

K&H That is NOT what I wanted to hear. The entire pregnancy ?! Wowza....
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited April 2011
    I didn't have morning sickness, but I was armed with vitamin B6 in case it hit. I've heard from many people that it can help, but have no experience myself. Worth a shot maybe?
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    JCAlaskaJCAlaska Posts: 251
    edited November -1
    When I was pg my midwife explained that because my uterus was tipped it was interfering with my intestines. That might be one explaination. Good luck! Doesn't sound fun.
    J & J in Alaska - 4th TTC created our little one. Miscarried at 10 wks 4 days on 12/1/10. Tried many more times then took a break for a couple of years to get healthy. We're BACK!! :)
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Right here! My first trimester was plagued with this. I remember throwing a baby shower for my best friend and I was in the bathroom every 5 minutes (literally.) I was so glad when it was over.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Oh no! I am so sorry you are going through this!

I have awful MS this time around too, and this is what is working for me this time
    SPIT when you have that excess saliva! Don't try to swallow it when it's all abundant like that. I find I MUST eat small, protein high foods every 1-2 hours a day to keep the nausea away - as soon as I start to get majorly queasy is when the spit turns on again too. Cottage cheese has been my lifesaver the last 2 weeks, as well as aged white cheddar, raw almonds and yogurt. I just read the other day to avoid excess starchy foods like pread and pasta is you get the excess saliva thing. Small sips of water frequently help wash some of that spit down. Hard candies or gum help mask it.

And I guess just stay close to the bathroom... do talk to your MW about it, its no fun to not feel well.
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    I had the queasies until about 8 weeks and then it turned to yuckier queasies and vomitting. When I was around 4-7weeks I would cut up ginger and put it in my water and sip on it all day. That helped until puking started and then I called my doctor and got Zofran, miracle!!! No diaherra, total opposite!! Good luck though!! Hang in there!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    When I was pregnant with DD I the exact same thing! I occasionally threw up but had nausea really bad in the first trimester and sorry to say it hung on in the mornings until mid way through my 3rd trimester. Things that worked for me:

I ate 2-3 fig newtons before I got out of bed every morning- no idea why but they really helped!!!
    Sometimes club soda helped and gingerale (all natural)
    Seabands- wrist bands you wear that provide pressure to pressure points on your wrists that reduce nausea.

Good luck and I think it is a girl if you are this sick!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and suggestions! I really appreciate it. I will try the fig newtons, raw almonds, cottage cheese and increase my ginger consumption. I've been wary about eating too much ginger, given the uterine contractions it can cause.

I'll also talk about it with my midwife this week and will ask her about the B6 too.

Seabands?! I will have to look those up!

For now, I guess we'll just stock up on really soft luxurious toilet paper. :)