Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

heartbeat

muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
This evening, I FINALLY had my first prenatal appointment. It was comprised mostly of going over my medical history, doing a physical, a pelvic exam, etc.
All in all, it was an awesome experience. The Midwife (whom I'd never met before) was amazing. She listened intently while I told her my story---single, gay, donor sperm, AI at home, etc. Honestly, it couldn't have gone any better than it did.

I gave her the date of my last period, my ovulation date, the dates of inseminations, etc and she came up with the "official" due date of November 2nd.

As an added bonus, following the pelvic, she took out a portable doppler. I said, "Is that what I think it is?" She smiled and said, "Yes. It still may be too early to hear anything, but I thought we could try." She cautioned me again to not worry if we couldn't hear the baby, etc.

After about two minutes of searching, she found the heartbeat!!!!!! It was the most amazing thing I've ever heard. The sound was clear and the rhythm was perfect. She calculated it to be beating at about 150 beats per minute.

I'm still in total shock. Hearing the baby made this so much more real!
kR99m5.png
6monthcollage.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Awww, so exciting!! You just gave me hope that I might hear Mortimer in 2 more weeks! Caongrats again, the heartbeat is such an amazing moment!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    Oh, so happy for you!!! Congrats on heartbeat, I know you have to be over the moon excited!!!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the heartbeat.:)
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    This all sounds great!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Congrats! I remember that moment...beautiful!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Incredible! How awesome that you could her your little one!
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on both a good visit and getting to hear the heartbeat :)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png