Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Staph Infection-

cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
edited April 2011 in Pregnancy and Babies
Ali, her mother, and her father, all have staph infection. We just found this out a couple days ago. Ali's mom's staph is on her stomach and arms, her dad's is on his neck, and Ali's is on her stomach near her thigh. I have been trying to make sure I don't have any direct contact with something Ali has had direct contact with but it's almost impossible when you live together. I just noticed a small red spot on my stomach (which doesn't look like the stretch marks that are starting to appear) and I called my doctors office and left a message with the nurse on what I should do. I have read online and mostly everything I read said if you treat it early it shouldn't be a problem with the pregnancy. Have any of you had staph infection while pregnant? Ali's dad and mom had staph a few months ago and I guess they just keep passing it back and forth. I'm kind of scared to go to their house lol.

**Nurse called back and didn't seem worried at all. She said to put Neosporin on red spot 3 times a day and keep it covered with a band-aid. I feel better now that they don't seem to think it's a big deal, phew!

Comments

• Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't have any words of wisdom, but I'm thinking about you. I hope that you find out soon if you have it, so it can be treated immediately.
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    Oh Good! That's scary stuff to deal with. So glad that yours is very easy to treat. It'll be gone in no time!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    If it gets any worse don't hesitate to go get it treated. Staph is not something to mess with, it is very treatable if taken care of in the beginning, but if you let it go it can have serious concquences. My oldest daughter had staph on her finger that started out looking like a normal paper cut, so we cleaned it and put a bandaid on it, after a few days of it getting worse not better we took her to urgent care and by that time the infection had spread up her finger past her nail. Long story short she ended up losing her fingernail. Not trying to freak you out, just be watchful of it and don't downplay anything, better to be safe than sorry.
  • Options
    Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    Bacitacin tends to work better then neosporin, in my experience with Staph.

Hope everyone is better then Beth
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg