Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

post c-section

cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
is it normal for my belly to still be sore and sensitive.i'm also numb from the bellybutton to my incision.its also very itchy.i forgot and scratched it and it was bleeding a little.i can't stand for adri to climb on me at all and it even hurts when liam is kicking or moving around while i'm holding him.i clean it with alcohol and put antibacterial ointment on there once a day
yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png

Comments

• Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    I have heard other women complaining of the same thing after a c section. However I was totally fine after mine- it did get itchy when it was healing!!
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only my incision is numb. I was exercising by 2 mo and have had no issues. You might want to check with your OB.
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    It could be normal healing or there could be something wrong. It is so hard to tell after a c and with all the potential problems it is definitely worth a trip to your doctor. I have a lot of post op issues that others haven't had to deal with so I am glad I followed my instincts and always went to the dr if I thought something didn't feel quite right.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    yfnryfnr Posts: 418
    edited November -1
    Mine hurt and was bothersome for about 6 months. Even after that time period for a year or so I would get sudden sharp pain or weird sensations at the site. Of course there is still numbness at the incision site but it hasn't bothered me now for years.
    Jamie
    Mommy to Twins plus One - donor 733
    DSC08654_zps76947225.jpg
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    I was told to put nothing on my incision. Maybe the alcohol is aggravating it.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    Were you told to use alcohol? I was told nothing? Look at it , if it looks red or inflamed you could have a yeast infection on it, which is very common.

Beth
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg
  • Options
    cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    Beth81392 wrote:
    Were you told to use alcohol? I was told nothing? Look at it , if it looks red or inflamed you could have a yeast infection on it, which is very common.

Beth

i bet thats what it is.its crazy itchy.i was using alcohol because i'm super paranoid.my sil almost died after her c-section.she caught staph.by the time they figured out what was wrong with her that had to re cut open her incision and get the infected tissue out immediately.before that had time to completely sedate her.
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png