Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Early Pregnancy Insomnia.

onemorebabyonemorebaby Posts: 472
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Early Pregnancy Insomnia? I have ALWAYS slept like the dead! I covet my 10 hours of sleep at night, lol!

Now... it seems like a long lost dream (literally and figuratively)...

I swear, even if I am not waking every two hours to pee (wow, that does happen a lot)... then I am just waking up at random times and having the WORST time falling back asleep!

And with five kids at home, it is not like I am getting a ton of napping done in the daytime, lol!

Any suggestions?
My blog! www.ifyoulivedhereidknowyourname.blogspot.com
Welcome Baby Madelynn! 11/29/11
419260_3081228479933_1540462223_2749331_1507377435_n-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry tot ell you this but my lids are 16 mo ad I still have not slept. I always assumed it was your bodies way of getting your ready to be up all night after the baby is here.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I got it too... all I can sugegst is rest when you can. I have always been an insomniac, but lately it has been worse... but when I DO sleep in between wakings I sleep like I am dead, so it sort of evens out. Have you thought about Unisom? I am assuming if it is safe to take for morning sickness it's safe to use as a sleeping pill!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    I had that too! My doctor told me to take 1 tylenol pm, just to help fall back asleep. It helped a little bit but I hate taking anything while pregnant so I only took it on the really bad nights!

Good luck!
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    I had it in the beginning of this pregnancy but it was short lived so maybe it will be for you too. When my kids let me sleep these days I sleep like the dead but I still wake up a lot and just look at the clock and change positions a few times. I just wish I would sleep straight thru now and then!
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    Oh no! I am sleeping okay at night, aside from the waking to go to the bathroom a few times. But, I am getting up earlier and am not able to go back to sleep. 6:15 am is not normal for me (: ESPECIALLY on the weekends!!

I hope you get some rest!!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    onemorebabyonemorebaby Posts: 472
    edited November -1
    Babybug, that is often times what it is... waking up earlier (and now earlier, and earlier) and not falling back asleep...

So like 6:15, 5:45, 4:50... etc. UGH!

And with 4 other kids in the house, it is not like i can take a nap!
    My blog! www.ifyoulivedhereidknowyourname.blogspot.com
    Welcome Baby Madelynn! 11/29/11
    419260_3081228479933_1540462223_2749331_1507377435_n-1.jpg
  • Options
    RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    I trty to use relaxation techniques/meditations/visualizations which helps. But I will say this-- I had first trimester insomnia but did sleep better the second and third trimesters. (Now I'm 32 weeks pregnant and still sleeping decently). So there is hope!
  • Options
    starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
    edited November -1
    I slept fine in the 1st trimester, until I started peeing all the time! I swear I'll sleep better w/ a newborn than I do now, I am up every hour all night long, and don't nap in the day. GL with the sleep!