Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Single mamas, how do you fight the baby fever!

jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
First I had the pregnancy fever with no real desire for a newborn baby, but now it's expanded into wanting a tiny baby. Like to the point that I'm almost tempted to ask strangers if I can hold their tiny babies. lol I know all mommies get the fever, but I think it might be a little more difficult for us singletons. If I were in a relationship (with 2 incomes), there might be a chance I could have another in a year. But I'm not and there is NO way I can afford two kids right now. It makes me kind of sad, because I know it will be a while before I can realistically think about number 2.
Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    It us hard. I started tracking and propping for baby 2 this month. Maggie just turned 1 my goal is to start trying next January. Every night I dream about inseminating and the tww.

Then I have an absolutely miserable day where Maggie is fussy and seething and that helps me remember that u am not quite ready for #2.

You will see as rhys gets bigger and more active.

Don't get me wrong love Maggie like crazy.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    It was a little hard for me with Shiloh was approaching 2 and I felt like I was losing my baby. But finances are a strong motivator so Shiloh is going to stay an only child. If I had unlimited income though, Shiloh would most definitely have a sibling. Or even two!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    yfnryfnr Posts: 418
    edited November -1
    I don't know but when you figure it out let me know. I want another so bad that it's become an obsession. I try to tell myself that there is not only my wants to consider but my three existing children. I can't make a decision that might cause them hardship. Right now there is no way I can have a fourth, but I am working hard on getting out of debt and getting other things in order. So maybe in a year or two I can be in a place to have another. But even knowing all that...I want to be TTC now :(
    Jamie
    Mommy to Twins plus One - donor 733
    DSC08654_zps76947225.jpg
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    I have the opposite problem--we can afford (well as much as any normal person could afford) another and Lauren begs me everyday to get pregnant and I really don't have the desire that you guys have. The only reason I would even give thought to it is I think it would help Beck to not be the only donor connived child in our house. Beckham is VERY VERY VERY active and I am 38 even if I wanted another I don't think we have enough money or energy for another one. Once in January I thought I was ready so I said if it worked in Jaunary then fine and if not that was fine as well--well AF was late so we never AI'd so that was my sign!!!
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    You make strategic plans to give in : )
    Going into my pregnancy with L I truly had NO desire to be pregnant or give birth. But literally, from the time that she was 3 minutes until this very moment, the thought of having another child has been in the forefront of my mind.
    While I couldn't afford another child right this moment, here are the steps I'm taking to make it happen:
    1. I'm buying a house. I will be saving $500/mo compared to what I'm paying in rent. That difference alone will go towards childcare for my second child.
    2. I'm buying a new, more efficient car. My monthly car payments, insurance, and fuel will drop by $150/mo. That should cover diapers and health insurance.
    3. I'll be getting a raise in a 2 months.
    4. By the time the baby arrives, L will be out of diapers (cost saving), her child care will drop (cost saving), and I will be getting another raise.

So, when you look into the future and crunch the numbers, that which doesn't seem possible today can become VERY possible in one year. : )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I look at my checking account after I write my check for preschool :) that pretty much does it!

my cousins are all having babies, so I get little "fixes" here and there. I canhold the teeny tiny babies and love on them... and when they poop or start screaming - hand them back. then I go home and sleep all night LOL

it's hard sometimes... but it wouldn't be responsible for me to have another. there's no amount of penny pinching that will help either.
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Become a Nanny? Seriously, Lydia is a lovely baby but I realize how much I enjoy the freedom (and insanity) that a 2 and 3 year old bring.

Oh, and most days just having a 2 year old is birth control enough!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    I don't know how anyone fights baby fever, single or not. Obviously we don't know how to fight it LOL
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    WELL......today is my CD1.the first since i've had liam and its killing me already.i was kinda pushing this though to the back of my mind by saying i can't get pregnant now anyway but that's not working anymore.last night i dreamed i was adopting a baby.i know my breast-milk changes at 12 weeks when i'm pregnant so i'm thinking i'll start ttc again when liam is 9months.i don't want to be pregnant but i want more children
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • Options
    pixybellestarrpixybellestarr Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    I was afraid for the longest time that I would never feel done having babies. I am just now finally starting to feel that 3 is enough. I would love for Eleanor to have a sister though so when I do get my period back I can't be sure that I won't have the urge to try one last time.
  • Options
    allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited April 2011
    This is going to sound terrible, so don't judge, but last night DP and I went out. I don't usually drink, maybe like twice a year. I hate the taste and I generally don't like being drunk. Well last night I was feeling frisky and decided to have a drink or few. Oh my goodness, I was nauseous all the way home and a good portion of today. It reminded me how being nauseous and puking are probably my least favorite things to do and the first 4 or so months I got so sick that I had to be prescribed medication that they give to chemo patients because nothing else worked. I don't know if I could go through all that again and take care of my two kids and keep the house clean etc etc.
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not single.....but I envy all of you. I have always wanted more than one child, and Laney is such an easy baby.....but I don't have the strong desire to have another baby. I really wish I did....and it makes me so sad that I don't have that desire.
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    tc0104 wrote:
    I'm not single.....but I envy all of you. I have always wanted more than one child, and Laney is such an easy baby.....but I don't have the strong desire to have another baby. I really wish I did....and it makes me so sad that I don't have that desire.

In all honsety ..... I don't have a huge desire either, but I truly think it's the right thing to do for Lilianna.
    Would I love to be pregnant again? Totally!!
    Would I love to breastfeed again? Totally!!
    Would I love to go through the baby phases again? Some parts yes, some parts no.
    Do I have the moeny right now? Not technically.
    Am I torn about not being able to give Lilianna 100% of me? Absolutely.

But, in the end, when I think about who she'll be several years from now, and then again when she's and adult, I truly believe in my heart that she will cherish the fact that she has a sibling. Someone who is not only her friend and support system when Mom just doesn't understand or can't be there, but someone who is also a 100% biological sibling that can relate to her as a donor-conceived child. Someone who shares her genes, and can be there in a way that only a teenager can appreciate. Someone to share clothes with, secrets with, and chores with. And sadly .... someone to be there when I'm gone.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    lesrmhlesrmh Posts: 654
    edited November -1
    Shaeley Mae....WELL SAID!!!! My thoughts exactly. I know I haven't been on much but I've been a lurker....for some reason when I sign online through AOL when I go here it never will let me login so I just read and never say anything. But...I've been keeping up. :)))
    I am going to stop fighthing the baby fever and start trying again in June/July :)))
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shaeley Mae...those are all of my reasons for wanting another child....i just can't bring myself to commit to it. Right now, I don't want to split my time and attention, but I know I would feel differently later. Plus add in there that dp is much older than me and would love to stop here with one. Thanks for reminding me of all of these reasons why I should give her a sibling.
  • Options
    HopingForBFPHopingForBFP Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    I so want another baby as well!! but I cant right now, My doctor thinks I need to have reconstruction surgery down there, because of the trama and the way I was stitched up from Sydnee's birth.
    8688290472_8f0eb25fa6_z.jpg
    age.png
    9346155527_f7f126c056.jpg
    age.png
    BFP- 8/9/09 at 10DPO, after 4 years TTC. Sydnee born on April 14th 2010. BFP #2 at 11DPO 9/29/12. Due 6/11/13