Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Anyone ever had a false BFP on a FRER?

IndigoSuzIndigoSuz Posts: 15
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Well, when we had our son DP went through IVF and changed RE's after having 2 unsuccessful IUI's. Last August we had an unsuccessful IVF using my eggs. DP is 42 and wanted to try one more time before going donor egg route but just do an IUI, they have her 100mg clomid days 3-7 then 3-4 doses of Menopur. DP had 2 follicles ready and triggered on 3/25. Starting at 10dpo she had BFP's on FRER and have progressively gotten darker as recently as 14dpo.

Has anyone ever heard of FRER's giving false positives? We took Dollar Tree tests and they have a figment of a line and FRER Gold Digital said no. She is 1 day late for cycle to start and we are waiting for the results of blood test which we will get hopefully Monday afternoon. We just don't want to get our hopes up

Susan

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sounds pretty good to me! Good luck tomorrow!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    The dollar store tests are always going to show faint lines in comparison with the FRER. And I have never known the FRER to give false positives. The digital may just not be as sensitive as the line tests. It all sounds very promising!
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png