Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

liverwurst while pregnant?

GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
My cravings have been all over the board lately. Today I saw the liverwurst that comes in tubes (Grimms maybe?) and HAD to have it... came home, slathered it on homemade sourdough bread nd it was WONDERFUL! Now I wonder, does this fall into the deli meat cetegory? Should I be avoiding it? I know liver is too high in vitamin A and should not be consumed in excess, but a smear of liverwurst, ok or bad? Next midwife appt is on Friday and this craving will be long gone by then I am sure!

PS - yes, I know it is gross... blame it on my German upbringing!
tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!

Comments

• Options
    miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    Goob, eww!!! lol
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOL thank you Spokanemommy! I'm nt planning on making it a daily part of my diet, but if I have it occasionally... My Mom said that she's pretty sure Grandma ate it with all 7 of her healthy babes, so I'm not stressing anymore about having it once!

Can't say I do gizzards, but liverwurst, yes, I do enjoy it - on sourdough or rye bread, with aged cheddar and thinly slicved tomatoes... Mmmm, see, now I want it again! Darn me for getting into bread baking, fresh bread (like grandmas) demand comfort "from your childhood" foods... oohhhh, like perogies and borscht and cabbage rolls! Now I know what I'm making tomorrow!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I'm not pregnant, but you're making me crave liverwurst (which I've never even tried before)! :-)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Y'know, the responces I got on the other baby site I go to all said "eat in moderation and enjoy" so thats what I am doing... and when I brought it up at the school bus stop today one of my friends (while holding her happy, healthy 10 month old) said "Oh, I craved liverwurst with her SO MUCH... I ate it all the time" so I'm just not gonna stress... it's not like I have a craving for a martini...
    tt125c22.aspx

• Options
    mommanmommyluvmommanmommyluv Posts: 96
    edited November -1
    My grandmother use to feed me liverwurst along with hog head chesse as a child lol havent wanted it as an adult though, hoprfully when I become pregnant that will not be one of my cravings lol!!!!! Have it Goob, have it all!!!!