Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

what's in a name?????

twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Okay, so we are 29 weeks now and still no name for our little girl. Well, today, we stumbled upon a name we both like but hadn't thought of before because the first letter is a "B". We were trying to avoid that letter because my last name starts with an "O".

So, her initials would be B.O. how terrible would that be?
With the middle name it would be B.K.O.

thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Awww, I think that that's fine! Just make sure that she has good personal hygiene habits. :-)

...but seriously, I don't think that anyone would even think twice about it, outside of a few possible childhood bullies. And they would find something to say to her, regardless. If she ever has to initial anything, she can decide for herself if she is comfortable with BO or would rather BKO. I sign EMG every morning at work because I don't like how EG kind of looks like EGG (among other reasons). My vote is to go with the name that you like!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our last name is O as well so I was looking for B names so the initials would be "BOO" lol but I'm strange like that....
    I also like "ZOO" for a boy!
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    When it has to do with someone elses kid it seems fine but we were in the same position and I could not do it to Beck. We loved the name Beckham and our last name begins with a "B". My grandfathers name was Oliver and I really wanted to name Beck after him but Beck's initials would have been B.O--now my fathers name was Robert but everybody called him Bob so I thought it would be cool that's Beck's initials would spell Bob but I just could not bring myself to do it--he is named after my uncle because my EDD with Beck was on my Uncle Tommy's birthday. But now his initials remind me of the BTK killer.
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    That's so funny because we only have a couple girl's names we agree on and one starts with a B and would make our girl's initials BM. Everyone says I am silly for thinking anything of it but I guess when you are in the medical field you can't help but have it make you think of bowel movement LOL I've decided I'm not thinking about it anymore until we find out the sex in 2 weeks and then I'll decide!
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    DP's initals are BM and mine are ANT. Lol
  • Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    Coryandamanda-One of our friends named her girls both with "B" and their initials are BM. She said she didn't even think about it because every time she wrote their initials (before they were born) she put all 3 letters. So she always had something between the letters.

It has always been a hang up...I NEVER even considered the B names with Lauren. And I haven't with this one either until today, ONLY because we haven't agreed on anything else! We both like this name and we both like it with the middle name as well as with Lauren's name.

Ok...I am leaning toward using it. I'll roll it around for a few more days and see if it sticks!
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    It would be funny if we both are considering the same name!
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Another thing, some girls get married and change their name so it might not be BO her entire life.
  • Options
    starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
    edited November -1
    If it were me, I would have considered what her initials were, but if it was "THE" name, I would go for it, if I loved it that much.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    My initials if I leave out my middle name are BS and other than the occasional chuckle, no one notices. When I sign my initials or if I were to order something with a monogram, I include my middle initial. I think you'd be fine. And now I want to know these B-names that everyone is considering!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mine are Bayleigh and Bethany
    :-)
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    My ex husbands initials are BM, and no one ever even notices. I don't think BO is that badd... I know a girl who is Alicia Simone S.... that woud not be my pick, but BKO is just fine IMO!

Oh, and I also intial everything with all three (RDL) cuz my dad is RAL and always used all three.

Chrys: Love the name Bethany - Bayleigh is Tims ex, so that ones not my fave (:
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!