Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Allergen questions

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Justin has a similar rash today to the one he had last week, but the antibiotics are likely all out of his system. Both times it's looked like a bunch of pink mosquito bites primarily on his legs, some with white tips, and they don't itch. I'm starting to think it's something environmental. Today he went out on the playground at daycare for the first time in months. For the past two weeks we've been going outside without the added layer of the snowsuit. Not a clue what could be causing it, but I'm considering something outdoors, or a latex allergy to the gloves they use to change him (although they always have). We have two cats, but I just washed ALL the bedding last night because one of them threw up on the bed. One cat slept in Justin's car seat, so I'm also questioning dust mites or fleas, even though the cat's been treated for fleas throughout the winter. Any other ideas about top allergens out there that could cause a rash?

We haven't changed any detergents or soaps lately, so I've ruled that out. Also, any idea as to why it's affecting his legs first?
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    KYSTKYST Posts: 148
    edited November -1
    Without seeing it, it's hard to tell. If it has a white head on it, it could be ant bites.
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    What about bed bugs? I have been seeing so much news on bed bugs lately--apparently it's really easy to get them and they do bite. They also said it does not matter how clean you are or anything---it may be worth it just to look into it just to be able to rule it out. Also do you think there is anyway that Justin could have eczema? Beck has eczema and if it gets irritated it sounds like the rash Justin has--oh and it does not normally make Beckham itchy. I hope you can figure it out--poor Justin!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't think it's bed bugs because we sleep in the same bed and I don't have any bites, nor have we been anywhere to pick up bed bugs . . . except maybe his daycare. I'll have to google some pix of what eczema and bed bug bites look like and see if that might be it. But it doesn't seem to itch or bother him in any way, and it goes away after a few hours. Would eczema act like that?
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    I was going to say a wheat/gluten intolerance but that would itch. I get tiny blisters on the palm of my hand when i eat wheat. For ten years it was diagnosed as eczema and nothing helped. After some research i eliminated wheat and had a major improvement. Not sure if the symptoms can manifest without itching???? It takes about 12 hours to blister after eating wheat.
  • Options
    First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Kari, do you have a forum email? I will send you some info if you do, just let me know. I will tell you what we found out with Xander. We were going crazy trying to figure out what the heck was going on.
    Chantelle
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Chantelle, I don't know where to check if I have forum e-mail, but in the past people have e-mailed me and it went right to my yahoo account. Give it a try and I'll let you know if I don't receive anything.

I googled bed bug bite photos and symptoms, and thankfully it doesn't look like that's it. My suspicion was the potting soil with fertilizer I've been using on the lawn for the past week and a half, but I purposefully took Justin out to play in it today, and he didn't break out in a rash.

I'm going to wash the car seat cover tomorrow and prevent the cats from going into the bedroom anymore.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png