Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Organic milk

2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
What brand do you buy? I've heard its not all the same and to stay away from different brands. We dont have a Publix or Whole Foods near us (with in 50 miles).Any suggestions?
Pzl2m5.png
LNiUm5.png

Comments

• Options
    lesrmhlesrmh Posts: 654
    edited November -1
    I've never heard that......what brands are not suppose to be good? I use horizon and Private Selection Organic.
  • Options
    2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Horizon cows aren't free range supposedly. I was told the get an hour per day to meet the organic qualifications. I was also told the don't feed them organic food either....idk! That's what C has been using but we got Trader Joes tonight and I'm not sure that its any better
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    Organic Valley and one other brand I can't remember the name. I only buy organic milk once a week and when we run out, i buy regular milk.
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    Beck drinks some organic milk that is exclusive to New England. Yesterday I was watching a morning talk show and they were talking about how girls are starting to go through puberty at 7 years old. They were talking about why and a bunch of doctors (and other experts) said it's because of hormones in meat and dairy and because of obesity. They said just because milk and meat are organic it does NOT mean that they are hormone free--I guess you need to look on labels for organic AND hormone free. They also said that it was a waste of money to buy only organic, hormone free milk but feed your child meat that is not organic and hormone free. Paige always had a true allergy to milk and never ate meat--she was also very active and never even close to overweight--she did not go through any hormonal changes until she was 15-16. Beckham also does not eat meat and is very active but he does love milk (he is the only one in our house who drinks milk) so I think I am going to start cutting down on his milk intake and start making sure if he does drink it it is organic and hormone free.
  • Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    We use a local area dairy that is supposed to be safe? I question ALL of this organic stuff though! We get beef and pork from my dad. So we know exactly what goes into it. It's scary what COULD be in our milk and meat!
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We do hormone free but not organic because H thinks organic tastes weird. We also do very little meat and aren't introducing it to Esther for a long time (maybe when she's 3ish).
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png