Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

IVF Appointment - cross posted

minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Well I had my appointment with my doctor yesterday and he was really great. He started by talking about doing an FSH IUI cycle (of which I've already paid for and done 3) or possibly continuing with Femera. I told him that I thought that was just wasting time seeing as it's only a 15% chance you are going to get pregnant one of those ways.

So the plan is this...if AF shows her ugly face on the 27th (or actually the 26th because that's when she's due) I'll take a pregnancy test on the 27th. If that is negative, that day I start BCP's. I go in for my pre-IVF consult and get my calendar, order the meds and off to the races we go. I'm actually really sort of surprised and happy that we are moving so quickly. We are not going to do ICSI because the doctor felt that the motility etc. of my swimmers was good so we don't need to do that but they do offer both ICSI and assisted hatching.

I can't believe we are here but it also fits in line with my "pregnancy prediction" of getting pregnant in 2 months!

Fingers crossed that this works!!!!
6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo

Comments

• Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    WOW! Sounds like you have a plan! That is great! Just curious though about the ICSI part. If I were paying for another IVF, I'd definitely request ICSI just because of our own personal experience....

When DP did her First IVF, she got 28 eggs, and donated half of them. So, out of our 14...only 3 fertilized. The doctor said they didn't do ICSI because the sperms motility was fantastic and the count was off the charts. Well, the couple that we donated the other 14 eggs to, did do ICSI with poor quality sperm (they were using the husband's sperm) and they got 11 out of 14 to fertilize, transferred 3 and she got pregnant and they had 5 to freeze.
  • Options
    jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck!
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    twicejess - thank you for the feedback. I might just ask for that then. I don't know if I'll have to pay for it but I want to have the best chance possible. I was also thinking of donating extra embryo's and/or eggs. How did you go about doing that?
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    Everyone is different and your eggs might be ready and willing to accept the sperm on their own! Who knows! I just feel like ICSI is like an insurance policy...ya know?

The center we were working with at the time had a program where if you donated half your eggs (whatever amount you got) the couple that received them would pay for about half of your IVF. And you got meds for free. We had discussed donating before that and so it just seemed to make sense to help someone who couldn't have children...right? We needed our donor and the people who received DPs eggs needed DP. IN theory it was a wonderful idea!

I thought about donating mine as well, just donating...not doing IVF but in hindsight...I am so glad I didn't. I know that probably sounds super selfish BUT about 2 seconds after giving birth to our daughter, I realized what DP had given away. It was seriously almost an instant thought in my head. I do worry that if she does get to have her own bio baby...she will have some hard feelings to deal with. So, if you donate, make sure you reallllllly are 100% on that! If you do it, that would be AMAZING! Someone out there really needs donated eggs. I just don't have the emotional ability to do it myself...apparently!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I did some reading on it today. Being a SMBC I'm pretty sure that 1 is all I want. I don't know that I could afford more than that. It's a thought and my clinic apparently does donor embryos and eggs. We'll see how it goes :) Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate it!