Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

diaper sprayer?anyone use one?

cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
i need one.cotton babies sells their brand but the reviews aren't so great.i thought exclusively breastfed babies poo could go straight into the washer.not so with a front loader.
yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png

Comments

• Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I have a BumGenius sprayer and I love it.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have a fuzzibunz one that we've never opened. (E's poo just rolls off!) If you decide you want that one, I'd sell you ours brand new in the package for $40 (we paid $50 at a boutique without looking for prices online).
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    oh, I should probably add that I don't actually use mine for cloth diapers. I did, once upon a time, but we don't use cloth anymore. Now I use the sprayer for cleaning up potty accidents and other toddler/preschooler messes. The pressure is great for getting things out of sheets or clothing!
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    jodyjody Posts: 152
    edited April 2011
    I have one and I use mine to spray off my fleece liner when in need. Most of the time it's hard and it comes off without it. I did however just wash the breast poop. I didn't start using mine until Rachel was on solids.

I also use it to clean my toilet...hehe
    607-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    We have one and it works well for spraying off poo but I found it had too much splatter. I've seen setups with large pails with holes drilled in the bottom and hooks at the top so that you can spray them off in the pail, avoid the splatter, let it drain into the toilet and even hang the diaper to drip "dry" at least to the point it isn't soaking wet anymore.

Toddler poo was the beginning of the end of cloth diapers for Ray. Spraying the toddler poo out of the diapers was too gross and messy. I think if I had a pail thingie I could manage, but we decided just to go disposable until he is potty trained. Charles is still in cloth but his breast fed poo washesout fine in our top loader
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    twomomstwomoms Posts: 164 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Toddler poo was the beginning of the end of cloth diapers for Ray. Spraying the toddler poo out of the diapers was too gross and messy. I think if I had a pail thingie I could manage, but we decided just to go disposable until he is potty trained. Charles is still in cloth but his breast fed poo washesout fine in our top loader

We had the same issues with Maren. The water is so hard here that NOTHING gets that nasty poop smell out of cloth diapers, not even the sanitary cycle, which even gets the dog smell out of the dog bedding! I gave up after stripping her diapers literally ten times and having them still stink. Amy and I both still feel so so guilty for putting Maren in paper diapers. I'm glad to know we're not alone!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i just got the stink out of the used ones i bought.i stripped them and switched to bum genius detergent. i have really soft water.have u tried rockin green funk rock.i heard its good for that
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • Options
    jodyjody Posts: 152
    edited November -1
    How do you strip diapers????
    607-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    a tiny bit of dawn and many hot washes with no diaper detergent