Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

OT- Travel dreaming

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
We're supposed to go to Spain in August for our best friends' wedding. However, I've been pricing it out and it's absolutely the most expensive time of the year to go, not to mention we are already taking a week off for a family vacation at the end of August. It would be a huge deal to go, but an equally huge deal not to go.. The alternative to the trip would be for all five of us (the couple that are getting married, H, E, and me) to go on some huge vacation at another time. I want to look at alternatives but don't have a lot of direction or thoughts on where to start.

We all travel very well together and tend to enjoy relaxed beach vacations, though we haven't tried anything else (this would be our fourth trip together, one of those was for them to visit us in our big city, and one was for us to visit them in their big city).

So, if you were going four adults and one toddler, anywhere in the world for a week's vacation where the primary goal is to spend time together, relax, and eat good food... where would you want to go? and when?
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    Well Jamaica was awesome but I am not someone who likes to try new food so I did not like the food at all. It was very relaxing and everyone we went with had a great time. We are planning a trip to Hawii and while I cannot wait I am not looking forward to the flight because I hate to fly and as I am sure you know it's a long flight from the East coast. We have been to Mexico a lot and we really like it because it's always hot again I did not like the food but it's because I have weird food aversions. You can always go to France and go to Le Cote D'azur it's absolutely breath taking but I'm sure the flights would be astronomical. I am not sure that I would take Beckham as a baby but if E is anything like Paige was it would be fine. I am not sure what kind of vacation you are looking for so I am not sure what to suggest--there are lots of hot places in the US that we have loved but we also love going to islands. Did you guys think about or price the Canary Islands? They are awesome and I would think they are less than going to Spain. We always go away in the winter because we hate the cold and we live in CT but I am not sure if that is the best time to go to these places.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I'm really big on cruise vacations. Everything is all-inclusive. You can select from excursions tailored to make everyone happy. And if you want adult-time at night, you can hire a cruise sitter and be sure that your little one is in safe hands in your cabin while you're out and about on the ship.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    I love Maui, Hawaii. If you are interested in Whales, we went in Feb and it was AMAZING! We watched whales teaching their babies to breach and do pectoral fin slaps from our hotel room, sitting on the beach and even driving down the road. It was crazy how many there were. There are alot of things to do in Maui. We are planning another trip in the near future :0)
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Kauai is absolute heaven. Not so much for the food as any kind of dining, shopping etc is limited to what is on the Island, and that isn't a lot. But that is also the beauty of it! There pretty much is not a nad time of year to go. I am hoping we can get back for Kate's birthday this year...talk about dreaming!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    I'm partial because I'm from Hawaii, I know, but I agree with Shanny. Having lived here my whole life and been to all of the main islands, I think Kauai is the most beautiful, best beaches, best waterfalls, beautiful hiking trails, not too crowded, super friendly. If you get a chance you MUST visit barking sands beach on the west side. Its quite a drive but well worth it for miles of beautiful, white sandy beach. :)
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Honestly...if anywhere in the world is game...I would not go to Hawaii. While lovely, it is still in the US and just doesn't cut it for me if anywhere is an option.
    I say Greece or a family vacation resort like Club Med in Punta Cana. Have done both and they are fabulous! :-)
    Good luck! What a fun thing to plan...
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    These suggestions are great, and it's so funny, the first two places I thought of were Hawaii and Greece! I guess those are just obvious when you think beach locations!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    tangotango Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    I loved Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. The beach where we stayed was beautiful and the food was excellent. We still talk about some of our meals and it's been almost eight years ago. We went with two adult couples, but neither of us had children then so I can't speak to whether it's kid-friendly.
    IMG_0076-1.jpgHOnfm5.png
    Thomassbirthpictures329.jpgyKLWm4.png