Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

How would you go about it?

OsteengirlOsteengirl Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi all,

I'm new to NW (yay!) and this forum. I am going to go back to at-home inseminations, after a few IUIs with a nurse practitioner in her office. I am not sure if I will be able to continue with the Clomid 100, which can change your cycle quite a bit. But I used to (and have somewhat on Clomid) have a +OPK on, say, a Saturday night at 9:00 p.m., +OPK on Sunday, and +OPK on Monday. It would turn negative on Tuesday , and CM would not really be visible on Tuesday (maybe not much on Monday either). Clomid can often make CM dry up, but mine has increased, and I saw it on Friday, Saturday, Sunday. But I wonder if I can trust the CM as much because of the Clomid).

I am going to use a Cervical Cap, which used to be my birth control (and is obviously now sterile). I may or may not have an At-Home nurse do 1 vial as an IUI. I am going to use 3 vials.

So, if I have a + OPK for essentially 2 1/2--3 days, and use 3 vials, what would you suggest my timing be?

I would really appreciate your suggestions! It would help me a lot. Thanks much!

Comments

• Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    after your first +OPK, stop testing! some women have long surges (sounds like you do) but most women ovulate 24-48 hours after the onset of the surge. so however you time it, time it from the FIRST positive test.

the timing that worked for me - doing 3 vials at home and unmedicated - was approx 11-23-33 hours after my +OPK. whenever I could fit them around my work/sleep schedule. I wasn't going to wake up at 3am to do it, I'd do it at midnight before bed, or at 5am and wake for the day.

anyway, time it from the first test and aim for the typical 12-24-36-48ish times.... or a combo of those if you know/think you ovulate earlier/later
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png