Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Exercise?

missbryanmissbryan Posts: 21
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi Ladies DP Here. As some of you might remember my wife was trying to conceive for 2yrs and ended up miscarry last September at 6wks. She is scared to try again because of failer again and she has high FSH so she would have to do another DR. IUI or do and IVF cycle. I have decided to try very soon since I will be 32 in November and wish not to wait so long. My question is that I am physically fit and my concerns of exercise and being pregnant is a big deal. As of right now I do spin classes about 2x a week and circuit weight training 3x a week. Do the ladies who were pregnant or are pregnant what are the limits of exercise during pregnancy? I am trying to stay fit and not gain excess weight during the pregnancy and hopefuly it will help to lose it once I have the baby...(if i were to get pregnant).
US1-1-1.jpg

car-1-1.jpg
Phoenix & Brooklyn

Comments

• Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Hi there! I think that the answer to your question is particular to specific individuals. My DP is currently pregnant and was told to maintain her exercise routine because her body was used to it. There were some things that she was told to avoid, however: bicycling, contact sports, and lifting weights come to mind, and I'm sure that there were a few more. She maintained her jogging/running routine (a few miles per day) pretty regularly until about two weeks ago at 33 weeks. She has now been told to ONLY walk.

Good luck, and keep us posted!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    I was told that I could do everything that I did before I was pregnant but I had to keep my heart rate below like 120 or 140. Good luck!!
  • Options
    ncmomstobencmomstobe Posts: 549
    edited November -1
    I continued running through 30 weeks, and I only stopped due to contractions. I continued to lift weights, but I dropped the weight down to much lighter. I kept my heart rate under 140, and I went for my first run two weeks post-partum. It depends on the person, but usually exercise is recommended.
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Firstly, honestly I think you need to let go a little more of the thought that you can totally control weight gain during pregnancy and not have it turn your exercise routine upside down...
    I was also a very fit person prior to my pregnancy...a runner by daily practice, I also did yoga and rock climbed at a gym 2x a week and had for years. During the first trimester I still ran daily and was advised by my OB that I could within reason continue this as my body was used to it. However, we began having unforeseen complications shortly thereafter and I was at some points during the pregnancy put on bed rest and the rest of the time told to limit any activity much less working out. I never anticipated this happening, but it did and of course I had to make the choice to take care of baby and me not worry about losing my shape.
    My pregnancy also ended in an emergency c-section with additional complications. So I am still unable to work out and my son will be 4 weeks old this week. I am not to work out for another 6-8 weeks according to my doctor. I am barely now getting back on my feet for a short daily walk as long as my wife joins me to push the stroller for the most part.

Anyway, best of luck on your TTC journey...just remember, there is so little we can control on this path to parenthood and the MOST important thing is to hope for a healthy baby at the end not a physically fit body.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    missbryanmissbryan Posts: 21
    edited November -1
    Thank you everybody. Mommylove I understand and I am just getting peoples stories because doing this is very scary for me but I would love to do it for my wife. I understand not every pregnancy goes 100% perfect.
    US1-1-1.jpg

car-1-1.jpg
    Phoenix & Brooklyn
  • Options
    rktink13rktink13 Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    missbryan - my dp is like you and if she had ever gotten pregnant would have worked out until she new it was harming her or the baby regardless of what the doctors would have said. Now that being said......she wont even try to get pregnant so good for you. I was told that what I was doing before pregnancy should not be a huge issue while I was pregnant. I was told to let my body tell me when to stop. If I got overheated or started to cramp then I stopped. But like mommylove said you cant control how much weight you gain. I was in the Army with my son and was very fit running 3 to 4 miles a day up until about 3 months until it became an issue. I also gained a total of 80lbs my whole pregnancy as well. I started at 120 and was 200 the day I delivered so you really wont know what you can or cant do until you get pregnant. Good luck!!
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would definitely talk to your doc about spin because of getting too hot while you're working out. I would suggest finding either a general doc or an ob that you are comfortable with and going in for a pre-pregnancy check up. You can ask all of your questions there!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our OB told DP that she could continue her normal actives as long as she isn't getting over heated and she couldn't lift more that 50 pounds. Now she didn't do anything but sleep because she was very tied and nauseous. Dps mom owns a workout studio and one of her instructors worked out (spinning, weights...ect) up until she delivered. Its up to your body, pregnancy, and OB since everyone is different.
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png
  • Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    Cory and Amanda I am sure have a good answer!

It is an individual thing but if you're that active now, I am sure you'll be able to do some if not all of it until late pregnancy. It all depends on how your body responds.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I was just thinking of Cory and Amanda too! I'm not an exerciser and am constantly amazed at what they can do!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png