Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

OMG what a headache

GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I had a dull headache all day yesterday, but at 7pm it slammed me! I had to break down and take 2 regular strength tylenol. It would not let up and around 1am it was still pounding (woke me up!) and I took 2 more. Now it is a dull roar, but still there. I am now afraid that I took too many tylenols.
Also, yesterday when I stopped to go the bathroom at a store, they were painting in the hallway. I held my breath as I walked past and didn't smell it in the bathroom. Then I finally got my hair cut (didn't do it during the first trimester) and the lady next to me as I was getting my hair washed was getting the perm chemicals put in. Do you think that will hurt my babies?

I hope this headache is a rare event. The last one I had was March 22.
pqkom4.png
FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    i doubt it wil hurt your babies.try not to worry so much:) i had migraines with both pregnancies and would never take anything.i was a worrier.
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think that a one-time event would be bad for the babies.
    H noticed that with her pregnancy being tired and dehydrated made the headaches much, much worse. Try to get as much sleep and water as you can!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    K&H- I agree with the dehydration idea. I do not think that I drank as much water as I should yesterday. Every time I had to get up to use the bathroom during the night I would make sure I drank a big glass of water.
    pqkom4.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Water is key. Headaches are however a rather normal occurrence during pregnancy for some.
    Pretty sure however the other issues you raised didn't affect babies at all. After all I know plenty of people who painted their nurseries while pregnant. And Tylenol is safe during pregnancy. Granted I wouldn't expose myself unnecessarily to the hair perm chemicals any more than need be.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about your headache(s). I have them regularly anyway, but during pregnancy I get them much more often and worse than usual. I have to start every day with 2 Tylenol and a Coke (my 1 of the day) and that seems to keep mine chilled out for the most part. Since I started doing that, I haven't had a full blown migraine. Sometimes I have to take a 2 more Tylenol in the middle of the day or later in the evening. I try not to worry too much about it.
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    The chemicals are fine - I am sure you filtered them all out for them.

For the headache, if it's still there, try this. Cover your mouth and nose with your cupped hands (fingers up by eyes, heels by chin) and breathe in through your nose, out through your mouth, slow and deep for 3 minutes. Re[peat every half hour or so.. but I find it normally takes the edge off right away... pregnancy can make you more susceptable to migraines because of the extra blood in your body. Sometimes you have too much oxygen in your too much blood, and it is too much for your head to handle. By re-breathing your own air for a few minutes you drop your O2 count *just enough* that the vessels in your brain start to restrict a bit, and voila, headache gone (migraine is the dialation of blood vessels in your head). Hope they don't come on too bad for you - I am one of the blessed ones that my migraines actually get better during pregnancy, but when they hit, they HIT!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    yep! remember having those. ugh!
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    Do you think it could be related to your high blood pressure? That would be my only worry. The tylenol and the chemicals not so much.
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I think the big concern with paint and perm solution is prolonged exposure - like you wouldn't want to paint a room in your house and inhale it for a week straight or work in a salon while pregnant. Otherwise, it's likely dehydration, stress, lack of sleep, etc. causing the headache. I remember getting so many of those . . . .
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    bethiebrookebethiebrooke Posts: 128
    edited November -1
    The only time I would throw up during my pregnancy was with my migraines; that is one thing I am not looking forward to if I become pregnant again. I also was a worrier. I never took anything, even after my midwife said it was ok. I stopped having my hair dyed as well, too worried that the chemicals would hurt the baby. Even during labor and after, I had no pain meds, I was too worried, even though I was told it wouldn't hurt the baby.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The headache has finally gone away!! Today it was just kinda dull, but now it is gone!!
    I did get my bloodpressure checked yesterday b/c I was worried about that, and it was actually lower than when I went to the DR. It was 134/88
    Thanks for all the advice and reassurances!
    pqkom4.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    My headaches have just recently let up in the past week so I feel for you. I hate taking anything as well but sometimes I just had to take some tylenol! I hope they don't happen often for you!
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu