Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Wait...next weekend is May?!

EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
edited April 2011 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi, everyone. R and I were just marveling over our calendars and simply cannot believe that May 1st is next Sunday. For this whole school year, our mindsets were basically like, "Oh, wow, May is at the end of the school year, so that's really far away!" Now, here it is. I am currently on spring break (but R only gets one day...boo!), so I'm trying to finish getting the house ready. Holden's nursery is 100% finished, and now I'm focusing on cleaning the rest of the house. We went on our hospital tour last night, which made things even more real.

Anyway, I'm just posting to say hello and to report that there is nothing to report yet. :-) The bleeding has stopped (aside from some occasional spotting that our doctors have said not to worry about at this point in the pregnancy), and we're getting so very excited to meet our little man. We had a 3D ultrasound last week, but he just wasn't ready to be seen. (See my signature picture for proof [It was the clearest shot of him that we got!]. We tried for nearly two hours to get him to move his face away from the placenta and/or take his hands out of his mouth, but he refused to budge. This was not the first time that someone has called our baby "indifferent" or "laid back," so we know we are in for it with a mini R, whose composure and indifference can be good and bad in different situations, haha.)

Thanks for letting me share, and good luck to everyone else who is getting close to the end, too!
wqr43o.jpg
IRcim4.png
iaXMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Can't believe you guys are this close to meeting Holden...then again I also can't believe Sebastian turns a month old on Saturday. Time flies...
    Excited for you ladies, it's such an amazing time...enjoy the last few weeks! :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Nina! I can't believe that Sebastian is almost a month old, either. CRAZY. You know, I was thinking of Sebastian's 3D ultrasound pictures while we were trying get some of Holden because I remembered how you got a few shots of him smiling and laughing. Lucky! :-)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    So close!

Finn didn't cooperate much with her 3d ultrasound either. She was pushed up against the placenta and had her arm up over her face almost the whole time. The lady felt so bad she had me come back 2 weeks later...and we had a little more luck that time.

Enjoy these last few weeks!!! Get lots of cuddle time in now! : )
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Carrie! We went back a week later, too (Our first try was the week before that, and she let us come back to try again...but he STILL didn't want to cooperate!). I've been trying to cuddle R as much as possible, so don't worry. :-)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    I cannot believe that Holden's arrival is so near! I also have to add that I cannot believe mommylove's Sebatian is almost a month either, wait, this means my Olivia is nearly 11 weeks! I posted about feeling like there is a time warp once the baby arrives and I have to say I am still feeling this way!

Enjoy the rest of your spring break and have fun putting the finishing touches on your house. Like others mentioned enjoy this last bit of time. It is amazing once the little ones arrive, but life certainly is never the same....not that you want it to be anyway;). Just enjoy the downtime.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    i can't believe how close you ladies are to having little holden!!! so exciting!
  • Options
    Bailey131Bailey131 Posts: 25
    edited November -1
    I can't wait to hear about little Holden. It really is a timewarp after birth. Sam is 6 weeks old ! It has gone so fast and yet I can't remember life without her. Good Luck, you're going to do wondefully.
    c48368ad-94c7-4afa-a8a4-41a329848923_6-1-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you, ladies! We're so excited!!!

Olivia is 11 weeks, and Samantha is 6 weeks?! Time is a crazy thing. Before we know it, we'll be posting about their first birthdays. YIKES!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    It is super close. I keep trying to schedule things a couple weeks out and have to remember that i could be having this baby then. It is so close, but it feels so far away.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Haha, I've pretty much refused to schedule anything but doctor's appointments in May. We're meeting with our lawyer on May 2nd, but that's when I draw the line because we will be full term on that day. How are you feeling? R is feeling pretty good but starting to get uncomfortable. She took Tylenol for the first time since her first trimester today because she has a sore throat (unrelated but still annoying), and she is getting bigger by the day. I hope you're feeling great!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
    edited November -1
    I hear ya! I can't believe its almost May already. I blinked and April is just about GONE! I have 3 weeks until I am going to be induced, if I don't go before that! Wowza!!
  • Options
    tangotango Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    You all are so close! I am so happy for you ladies. I look forward to hearing about Holden's arrival. I don't remember if I have told you previously, but I love the name Holden.
    IMG_0076-1.jpgHOnfm5.png
    Thomassbirthpictures329.jpgyKLWm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    starfish, I'm a little jealous that you have an actual date to look forward to. :-)

tango, thank you! I've been using the name aloud more and more, and that just makes me love it more!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    Oh wow that is soooooooooo exciting. I cannot wait to "meet" Holden--I just LOVE his name so much!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just finished putting together his swing and bouncer and can't seem to sit down and relax without remembering something else to do. I can't wait, either!!!!!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    I am getting uncomfortable and having a lot more BH. Thank goodness for my chiropractor. She keeps me comfortable.

Wow, full term on May 2nd! I never even thought about it. I will be full term on April 30th. Wow!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow! Yeah, R has been having more regular BH, too, and she is currently fighting with her sinuses. One more week until full term! INSANE!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png