Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

weight gain ?

care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I am absolutely aware of the size of my tiny little bean at 5 weeks 5 days preggo... I have have been feeling bloated since a couple days after insemming and I have refused to get on a scale since we started all the fertility meds. So today I finally went on the scale and I'm up 8 lbs since we started in the beginning of feb. I guess I just want to know if all those medications cause weight gain or is my body adjusting or what?? Its so frustrating to me because I haven't been throwing up or anything, but I haven't been eating more either. In fact, Im eating less food and healthier food! Before all of this I ate out regularly and had at least 3 sodas a day. Now I'll eat out once a week (maybe) and I don't drink soda. Ugh.. I'm so terrified of how much weight I could potentially gain throughout this pregnancy. Anyone else worried?
093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    You body is starting to produce more fluids and you are retaining water too. It's just the bloat so don't get too upset about it. If it is bothering you too bad just let your doctor know when you go in for your appt. I couldn't even button my pants at 7 weeks I was so bloated.
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I remember gaining a few pounds initially, then losing about ten, and then putting about 30 on. So the scale can go up and down throughout the first half of the pregnancy, and then it starts going up at the rate of 1 pound per week for the second half.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    With my first pregnancy I only gained 4 lbs my first trimester and with this one I gained about 8 or 9 and I was freaking out! But I was really bloated this time around, my boobs got huge which didn't happen the first pregnancy and I had big constipation issues. So now at 20 weeks I think I'm at about a 13 lb weight gain so it evened out.
    I wouldn't worry about it. Your body takes on so much fluid so quickly and your blood supply goes way up. Things will all even out in the end if you are eating right!
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    onemorebabyonemorebaby Posts: 472
    edited November -1
    Yep, right there with you, girlfriend. 7 weeks and I have no idea how much i have gained. 5 pounds, though, I am sure...

The hormones do no favors... I tell you! I am afraid of what my weight will be when I go in for my first OB appt. : )
    My blog! www.ifyoulivedhereidknowyourname.blogspot.com
    Welcome Baby Madelynn! 11/29/11
    419260_3081228479933_1540462223_2749331_1507377435_n-1.jpg
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited April 2011
    This is from AmericanPregnancy.org .....

7 1/2pounds is about how much the baby will weigh by the end of pregnancy.
    1 1/2pounds is how much the placenta weighs.
    4 pounds is attributed to increased fluid volume.
    2 pounds is the weight of the uterus.
    2 pounds is the weight of breast tissue.
    4 pounds is because of increased blood volume.
    7 pounds is attributed to maternal stores of fat, protein and other nutrients.
    2 pounds for the amniotic fluid.
    Total: 30 pounds

On a trimester basis:
    First trimester: 3-5 pounds
    Second trimester: 1-2 pounds per week
    Third trimester: 1-2 pounds per week
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    I gainec that much right away too. It was all bloat. I have gained about 22lbs so far.

Don't worry about the numbers. Eat what your bodyneeds and it will take care of itself.
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    Thank you ladies!! I will stop obsessing and focus on what my body needs instead of the scale.. Sounds good. :)
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I *feel* that much heavier, because of the bloat, the internal organs all smushed out of the way, and the uterus popping up over the pubic bone at this stage, but I have actually LOST 2.5 pounds. SO many "normal" variables in the first trimester!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    I think everyone's body responds differently to pregnancy, also helps to look at other women in your family. With DD, I gained atleast 12lbs in my first trimester!!!! I was so disgusted but I also was nauseated all the time and the only thing that helped was eating! I ended up gaining about 50lbs overall and felt huge, I know that I did overdo it alittle with the whole "this is the only time I can eat what I want" thing, I hope to be in better control of that part when I get preg with #2!! But some bodies just totally retain water and blow up, my sister was the same way. But if it makes you feel better I lost like 25lbs in the first week after giving birth!! So the part that is water weight does come right off! Now the other 25 lbs was HARD!!!! Took me almost 3 years!!!

My OB just always said, don't worry, be healthy and your body is going to do what it is going to do!