Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Breech

fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Anyone have any experience with this? We are nearly 33 weeks and I know much can change between now & birth, but we just have a feeling she's going to stay this way. Do you have to have a c section?
age.png

age.png

Comments

• Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Unless your Dr tries a transversion where they try to manipulate the baby into a head down position..
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    ncmomstobencmomstobe Posts: 549
    edited November -1
    There are situations in which you can have a normal delivery of a breech baby- something about the kind of breech the baby is, but I don't know that much about it. And many doctors are wary of letting you try, regardless of what type it is.
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    You might want to try acupuncture. Several people I know did this and they ended up having the baby flip and they were able to do regular births.
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Change positions often and walk to try to influence baby to change positions.
    Transversions are NO FUN...our son wasn't breech but was stuck in the birth canal, and having our OB both hands up in there trying to turn and twist him inside of me while my epidural wore off was nothing short of HORRIFIC for me! DP almost passed out listening to me scream and watching what was happening...
    After all that work, we still ended in an emergency c-sec as after that and hours of pushing he still wasn't coming down under my pubic bone. :-(

Most breech babies at time of delivery do come via c-sec. But you have weeks to go and the baby can very well turn before its time.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the baby is still breech closer to baby time, I'd try version, which is what Anne mentioned. You can google ways to get you baby to flip. If you Dr is willing to deliver a breech, I think the only one they'll attempt is where the baby comes out butt first.
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    There is a site called spinningbabies.com that gives info on how to get your baby into a good position or to reposition themselves.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    jes1014jes1014 Posts: 32
    edited November -1
    A good chiropractor can turn them, too. That's what I did
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard that swimming helps them turn as well. A good friend of ours had a baby that was breech right up until the last minute, then she flipped and had a perfectly typical vaginal delivery.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    33 weeks is still early. They do say only 4% of babies are still breech at time of birth so don't think it's inevitable that it won't change...
  • Options
    ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was just talking about this with my acupuncturist last week. 34 weeks is the perfect time to start seeing one. She said they can turn up to 90% of beech babies without doing a version. It's done occasionally with needles, but most often with moxibustion. It's kind of like burning a sage stick near your pinky toes. The baby's head is attracted to the heat and is drawn down towards your feet. She swears by it and has successfully done it many times over. It is prformed around 34 or 35 weeks, twice a day for one full week. You can even do it at home after your provider shows you how.

I know it sounds hippy woowoo, but it may be worth a try!
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    My Moosie was breech till 37 weeks... 36 week ultrasound they booked me for a version/c-section (in case it didn't work) for 38 weeks. Day before my 37 week appt I had a horrible cough, and she was moving something crazy in there... and it HURT! Went in the next morning and my Dr was shocked she had flipped so late. Went on to have her on her EDD, 9 pounds 7 ounces of perfectly healthy little lady... so at 33 weeks, I suggest arming yourself with any and all information you can about getting breech babes to flip (acupuncture/acupressure, lighting tricks, positional changes and moves for you to try) but not to stress too much... while flipping at 37 weeks is unusual, it CAN happen, and you still have a month till then!!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!