Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

bruised feeling

palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Yesterday I started getting this bruised sensation in my belly right above my belly button. Sometimes it feels like a painful bruise then goes to a dull feeling but is still there. Not really sure what could be causing it. Anyone else experience this?
sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg

Comments

• Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Your abdominal muscles could be pulling apart. It isn't painful for me this time but I don't remember if it was last time. I noticed the other day if I feel right above my belly button I can feel an indentation in a straight line about an inch long. It's weird.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! In "The Mother Of All Pregnancy Books" there is a whole section on belly button tenderness and feeling like around your navel is bruised... not every woman gets it, but all of those who do get it between 25-30 weeks, then it goes away again, anywhere from a week to a month or so later.

So nope, don't know WHAT it is, jsut that it is a documented complaint of exactly the stage you are at!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
    edited November -1
    I know exactly what you are talking about!! I had that around the gestation you are now, back and forth for quite a few weeks. I still get it sometimes. It hurts like a mother!! I usually got it when I walked or was out and about the whole day....when I got that feeling, I knew my body was DONE for the day. My friend also got it. Not sure what it was, I thought maybe stretching.
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I figured...another one of those strange pregnancy related symptoms with no real answer. It doesn't help that DP is obsessed with my almost sticking out belly button. I've been trying to take it easy a little more...and watching how I sit up from lying down positions. This bruised feeling seems to coincide with me starting to feel big. And I have three months to get bigger!
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg