Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

WDYT of this name???

BMJKBMJK Posts: 113
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I know I thought we had our names narrowed down to the Sawyer Chase, Hudson Chase or Griffin Chase.. But last night Misty threw in the name Wyatt Chase. It is a bit more popular that I was originally thinking but in Alabama is it only number 72 on the top 100, on the page I saw. We seem to like it a lot, but we just can't seem to decided. NEVER in my life did I even consider naming a baby would be so hard. So I thought I would ask the ladies who knew best. : ) So what do you think.. also we are still considering anymore suggestions, honestly we are just in desperate need of some help... lol.

On a good note we have settled on a baby girls name... lol.
7a4d0244-1.jpg

tt10be14.aspx

Comments

• Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    We had a really hard time with boy names too. We ended up having to drop the subject until we knew what we were having so we didn't give ourselves unnecessary headaches. Knowing the sex made name hunting a little more meaningful, and less about "IF it's a girl....IF it's a boy....". Also, we could focus on one set of names rather than two, so having it narrowed down to JUST boy names in a book of 60,001 names made it a little less daunting. We did end up going with a name that was on our list from the very beginning, Griffin...which still gets my vote (for obvious reasons). :)
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I like Hudson or Griffin better... but Wyatt IS really popular here!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    HadleyHadley Posts: 97
    edited November -1
    My *opinions* only:

don't like Sawyer

Griffin is more popular where I am than Wyatt. I think it's a great solid name, Griffin Chase.

Don't like Chase as middle name with Wyatt.

I fluctuate on what I think about the name Wyatt. I wonder if in 20 years it will sound like "Wayne" or "Gary" sounds to us now. But at the moment it sounds really cool. I don't know, I go back and forth on that name.

I think Hudson or Griffin are more "test of time" names either way

Have you thought about Chase for a first name?!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Palegreen...I know this sounds insane, but Misty found out that the Ultrasound Tech will put your babies name on the ultrasound picture in an "ultra cute way" and she really wants this to happen. It's weird sounding but it's the only thing she has asked for her entire pregnancy is to be able to add the name to the ultrasound picture.

Goobie.. Honestly those were my choices out of this. I also put in Sullivan but it's like everything is " AWW thats cute" and then we change our mind.

Hadley(love "Hadley" btw).. We have considered Chase as a first name, and for some reason we just thought it was a better middle name.

I honestly like Griffin better. It is not in the top 100 and as stupid as it sounds I wanted to be able to give our child a reason for naming him/her whatever we chose. I chose Griffin, because of Harry Potter... Gryffindor.. Harry potter is like my favorite thing in the world. I also plan on reading Harry Potter a bunch to him lol. I know its a cheesy reason and its a cheesy way to choose a name, but I wanted it to be a part of something that makes both of his parents HAPPY.
    7a4d0244-1.jpg

tt10be14.aspx
  • Options
    Kimfriend2Kimfriend2 Posts: 36
    edited November -1
    BMJK,
    I had such a difficult time deciding on a name for my son. I was sooooooo stressed about it. I went to to the hospital with 5 name choices. When my son was born I new the minute I saw him his name was Mason. Mason didn't even go on the list until the last week of pregnancy. I never imagined this would be his name, but it just fit. All this to say, don't be hard on yourself if you don't have a name for your baby right away. It is a big decision. I believe in the end you will see your baby and know the perfect name for him/her. More importantly, if you are not sure don't settle.

I LOVE the name Sawyer!
    image_3.jpg
    image_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kimfriend2... Mason was the name we really really wanted to name our son. We wanted Mason Levi, but Misty's step brother had their baby before us and took the name. We were honestly mad and thought we would just name him that anyways, but were talked out of it by our family members who suggested that it would be very awkward for them.
    7a4d0244-1.jpg

tt10be14.aspx
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Tell the u/s tech you've narrowed the choices down to 4 different names, but won't be making the final determination until you see the baby. Then ask if she could add each of the names to 4 different sets of prints for the baby book. Likely it would only take her a few minutes to do, and then you'll have all your possibilities on paper.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    That's a cute idea to add the baby's name to the ultrasound picture. It's a tough decision...all of your names are good choices.
    To comment on your specific name choices standing the test of time (this was a huge decision factor for us...we didn't want a really popular name or a name that was unheard of):
    Griffin has held steady in the mid 200's in the top 500 names since 1996.
    Hudson has more recently made the top 500 in 2001 and has steadily increased in popularity since and now sits at 150.
    Wyatt has been in the top 200 since 1999 and the top 100 since 2004.
    Sawyer has been in the top 500 since 1999 and has held pretty steady in the low 200's the past four years.

I love referring to the social security website for looking up name trends: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/
    We chose the name Griffin because of the name's meaning - a legendary creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle. As the lion was traditionally considered the king of the beasts and the eagle was the king of the birds, the griffin was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature. The griffin was also thought of king of the creatures. Griffins are known for guarding treasure and priceless possessions.

The baby name book had the meaning listed as "unconventional" which we thought was pretty fitting for the circumstances.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Wyatt or Sawyer ... hmmm. Sawyer still wins for me :)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png