Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Gestational diabetes, and now, preeclampsia???

Ronna71Ronna71 Posts: 144
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi ladies. First of all, Happy Easter!

Well, I have been dealing with gestational diabetes, and having to use insulin at bedtime...not exactly fun. And now - it looks like I am developing pre-eclampsia, as well. Great! I have to do a 24 hour urine collection today to confirm what's going on. Boy, my pregnancy with my son was easy-breezy compared to this one. I just can't wait to meet this little one, but I would like her to go to full term, of course. I was going to be induced at 39 weeks (which would be Jun 16th) - hopefully, I can hold out until then. The OB I saw last night in L&D thinks I am going to at least adjust my work hours - working 12 hour days just isn't working for my body right now, I guess.

Anyway, I hope all is going well with my other pregnant peeps - and of course, for everyone else, as well. Take care, everyone!

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Hope you pass the pee test! I had to do that too. When I brought the collection container back to the doctor, I didn't know if I'd be having an emergency delivery that afternoon or given the all clear. Fortunately my tests came back fine and I'm hoping the same for you too!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I hope you hear good news and avoid the pre-e diagnosis!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    hope your test goes well and the rest of the pregnancy is easy sailing
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    Ronna71Ronna71 Posts: 144
    edited November -1
    Thanks. ladies. My swelling is pretty intense rght now, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed for good (or at least not bad!) results. I'll keep you guys informed.
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    Hope everything goes well.
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Take care of yourself... 12 hr work days are definitely not conducive to pregnancy. :-( Hope things get better for you with a little more time to relax and rest up. I was on bed rest due to complications for much of my pregnancy and my OB took me out of work months before we were due as we were so concerned about early delivery...but we made it to 38 wks and he was happy and healthy. :-)
    Good luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Crossing my fingers for you. Hope you get good news.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg