Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Erased videos

A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Yep. I am/was so bummed:(. I accidentally reformatted my video camera and lost ALL of my videos of Olivia...which there were a ton of...of course. I want to kick myself, but instead am trying to remind myself to focus on what I'm doing to prevent it from happening again and to know that there are lots of opportunities for more videos...
th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry! I would be bummed, but that's the kind of thing from which you will quickly recover because there will be so many more video-worthy moments to come!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Funny, I've been paranoid about doing exactly this for weeks...
    Thanks to you I just backed everything up on the laptop, videos and pics. :-)
    Sorry to hear about it happening to you, but as you said, plenty of time for more pics and videos of beautiful Olivia. :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    ugh I'd cry, especially now while I'm pregnant. I hope you never lose any again!
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I did this about 2 years ago and just bawled and bawled. Then I took my camera to a place that charged a couple hundred bucks and could get all my video back. Turned out he was a really nice guy and just told me some free software to download to do it. I don't know what kind of camera you have but have you looked into any recovery options? I was able to recover most or all of Kate's first several months. Last night my computer died so I think I might be in this boat again for anything I have not backed up in the last several months!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    twomomstwomoms Posts: 164 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a way to recover the "lost" video. I haven't done it in ages, but I could probably dig up the stuff you'd need...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Twomoms...if you have a spare moment to do so I would truly appreciate it, but if not no worries. Thanks for even offering:)
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    If you can link the camera or disk to your computer (as long as you haven't recorded over it yet) you can try RECUVA, it is a free download and actually worked for me.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Shanny!