Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Anyone else opt out of amnio and that type of testing?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lovelymswolflovelymswolf Posts: 149
    edited November -1
    We did the ultrasounds and the blood tests. My dr advised we not do an amnio. He said the risk with twins is too great and with low risk factors found on the earlier non invasive scans, it wasn't worth it. He also said the miscarriage risk with multiples is about 1in 250! Make your own decisions based on what's best for you. But I would recommend doing the earlier scans. IF you get a high risk result, then maybe think about your options? Although there are false positives with twins.... I figured if the results were negative(low risk).. That was pretty accurate..I am not 35, but am 32 and was considered advanced maternal age.
    Fall2011358-1-1.jpg
    3qtim7.png
  • Options
    ksmommyksmommy Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    I was 37 years old when my ds was born. My blood screening came back with a slightly more elevated risk of down syndrome so they sent me to a bigger hospital with a genetic counselor to talk about my options....I opted out of the amnio because I knew I would never terminate the preg regardless but did have a level 2 ultrasound which showed RJ to be a healthy little boy....
    Good luck to you!
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember if you choose to have this done they need fluid from BOTH sacs so you will have two aminos done. I did have the blood work done but I ma not sure why because when the results came back they were all N/A apparently the test do not work with twins! You could skip the amino and have the NT scan done.
    Whatever you decide, good Luck it is a hard choice.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png