Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Names??

Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Ugh I cannot think of a boy name that I like!

My last name is a famous financial magaizne, and my daughter, has a very formal name. So I think little man should also. Any ideas? Oh and I like nicknames that end in -y. I like the name Spencer but not a nickname. Not sure if I like anything else

Beth
Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
BeachDuo.jpg

Comments

• Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    I went to school with a guy named Spencer, the name really seemed to fit him...He is the only person I have ever met with this name. I think it is a really cool name.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    tangotango Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    We liked Charles, Maxwell and Benjamin.
    IMG_0076-1.jpgHOnfm5.png
    Thomassbirthpictures329.jpgyKLWm4.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I love Benjamin and Oliver. They were both on our list.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    TxMoms2BTxMoms2B Posts: 532
    edited November -1
    I second Oliver!
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Do you have any family names that might work? Some distant relative of mine put together a book and that is where I went for inspiration on boys names.

What about Montgomery and call him Monty?
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    CharmedCharmed Posts: 205
    edited November -1
    I like Spencer, and I don't know anyone with that name. I also like Grant, but I'm not sure if many other people do and there's not a 'y' nickname for that either. I really like the name William, but I think that it is really popular right now and likely to become more popular with all of the publicity of the royal wedding.
    I've always liked Hudson and Holden.
    I like Shanny's idea about Montgomery too. I just love all of the names that sound like they could be last names. :)
    combatbootsflipflops.jpg

DHLLm5.png
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Theodore (Teddy) and Charles (Charlie) were are top two contenders for boy names. We also like Sullivan, and recently we talked about the ever popular Jacob. Our son was almost Elias (Ely), and I always loved Cortland "Cort" from that movie "Man on the Moon" but my wife said no way. I like the Montgomery suggestion too, but I always think of the Full Monty.
    age.png

age.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I always really liked the name David. For other formal/tradionals with y-nicks, you also have Robert, Stephen or Thomas :)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    I really like Spencer but that was Princess Diana's maiden name so I bet that becomes very popular too. My daughter is 1 of 2 Abigails in her class...and there are ONLY 8 kids in the room. I really am trying to repeat popular.

Family names don't really work because most are juniors/thirds, so I dont want to take that away from them.

Please keep the suggestions coming. Baby books are SOOO overwhelming.

Beth
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I'm not really drawn to super traditional names, but I like when common nicknames come from almost-common names (like Ben or Benny for Benton or Bennet, instead of Benjamin). So here are some suggestions:

Benton/Bennet(t) = Benny
    Charleston = Charlie
    Thompson = Tommy
    Josiah/Jonas = Joey
    Edmund = Eddie
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    Henry, Benjamin (Benji), Oliver (Ollie), Montgomery (Monty), Lucas, Elijah (Eli), Sullivan (Sully), Abram, Archer (Archie), Andrew (Andy), Julian, Robert (Robbie), Joseph (Joey), Nicholas, Jameson (Jamie), Cullen, Conrad, Raleigh, Rory, Austin, Noah, Auden, Ari, Eddison (Eddie), Evan
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Oooh, palegreen, you've inspired me to add to my list!

Edison (Eddie)
    Anderson/Andersen (Andy)
    Jameson (Jamie)

Fun!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Oh! I like Jamie but am not all that fond of James. Jameson brings it back up a notch though :)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I like Sullivan and Sully is super cute! I like Edison, but not Eddie. Jameson and Jamie are both nice.
    combatbootsflipflops.jpg

DHLLm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    .....and as far as popular names and royal weddings go, I bet there will be a flood of Katherine/Kates. I have always loved that name, but won't if it becomes overly popular. :(
    combatbootsflipflops.jpg

DHLLm5.png