Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Just need to vent...OT

mysweetangelmysweetangel Posts: 239
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I shared my news a week ago with my extended family, aunts, uncles and grandparents. We had Easter at my parents house and one family didn't come. They deleted myself and both my parents off their facebooks and just informed my mother that "I think she's (my fathers sister in-law) just tired of all of the drama. When I told her ashley's "news" she really took it to heart and was tearing up (jen isn't really that emotional). That seemed to be the last straw in terms of the drama." WOW I never realized that me choosing to bring a beautiful baby into this world was "drama"??? They're both offended, I guess, because they grew up without knowing their biological fathers and the fact that I'm purposefully bringing a child into the world without a "father" is somehow offensive to them. I thought long and hard about this decision before going through with it for this reason alone. I was so worried about what people would think and then I get crushed with this! I made this decision for myself and my daughter. I never wanted an only child. I grew up with siblings and I know how close we were and how much I enjoyed having them and I wanted that for my children. I just don't understand this at all. All I want to do is scream at the top of my lungs and cry all at the same time!!!
Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I got a little confused on who didn't come and who was upset but I understand the need to vent! Somehow the people that take issue with purposely bringing a child into world without a father come around by the time the baby is born. They just don't get that not having a father is very different from losing one or having an absent one. They group it all together as negative. They're wrong but there's often no way to explain or change their minds :(
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    lolabellolabel Posts: 99
    edited November -1
    If they're going to be that over dramatic about it (it's THEM causing drama here; ironic, right?) it's best they're out of your family's life for a while. IF they can calm down, they might be positive, contributing members again, but you don't need that kind of negative, particularly not while pregnant, and even more particularly around impressionable children. We choose to remain family as adults; it's not compulsory.
    Mother to a 4 year old who has changed my whole world for the better!
  • Options
    mysweetangelmysweetangel Posts: 239
    edited November -1
    Sorry I was so mad I was ranting. The family who didn't come was my dads brother and sister-in-law. Now biologically they are only cousins but his mom died from cancer when he was two years old and his father was not in the picture so my grandmother raised him. This same family was the one who sent the message about not wanting to be involved with my "drama"!!!
    Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
    2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited April 2011
    So they are upset that they had family that abandoned them and left them to be raised by their grandmother... so they think it is a good idea to abandon family and not be a positive influence in your child's life??? Well, at least the won't be around to be a negative influence. They suck.
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I second smartycat's "suck" comment. Try not to stress too much. My DP and I were just talking about how pregnancies often bring out the best in the people around you but sometimes bring out the worst. Take care of yourself. :-)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Sorry you are going through this. I know it really has to hurt when you are not supported by your family. They will be the ones to miss out on this beauitful miracle you are bringing into the world. Try not to let them get you down because in just a few short months your life will be so happy that you won't even worry about them!!