Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Cloth diapers

TxMoms2BTxMoms2B Posts: 532
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I'm thinking of just getting rid of C's cloth diaper stash, as he's only ever used one and has to keep triple paste on his booty pretty much at all times to prevent digestive related diaper rash.  I don't have any all in ones, but I do have quite a few dipes.  I have about 10 dappi nb countour no closure, about 20 dappi Velcro closure in size small (6-13#), about 8 nb green mountain workhorse fitteds, about 10 small green mountain workhorse fitteds, 1 medium green mountain workhorse fitted, 3 doublers, 3 thirsties duo wraps in size one (6-18#) in ocean blue, 2 dappi diaper covers w/ Velcro closure in size small (6-13#), 2 bummis super whisper wraps in celery dot size small (8-15#), and and 2 nylon waterproof pull on diaper covers (old fashioned kind) in nb (goes up to 13#).  For the dipes with no closure (dappi contours and a couple of green mountain fitteds) I have 2 blue snappis.  All the dipes have been prewashed, but only 1 diaper and 1 cover were ever used (& it worked great). I hate to give up on cd, but I can't see ruining diapers because of diaper cream, and C has already outgrown some of these.  Oh, and for those TTC I have a clear blue easy fertility monitor. If anyone is interested I'll get exact diaper counts and discuss prices.

Comments

• Options
    jodyjody Posts: 152
    edited November -1
    Hi...

I just wanted to say before you go an sell your stuff...You CAN still use them. Just go buy some anti pill fleece, cut them into fleece...and put that inside the diaper and wash them right with your diaper stuff. That is what I do...and it works great.
    607-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If it were just the diaper cream, I would get the non pill fleece. However, he already has to be in disposables for daycare. He weighs almost 15#, and altho he could probably still fit into some of the diapers and most of the covers, he's already outgrown most of the diapers. It just isn't making since for us, so we are gonna stick with disposable for now. Thanks tho!
  • Options
    muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    I'd likely be interested. I'm not due until early November but have been doing lots of research on cloth. I'm thinking I'll likely use fitteds initially...at least while the baby is very small. I'm hoping to get squared away on necessities sooner as opposed to later.
    Feel free to private message me when you know what you have. Thanks!
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • Options
    jodyjody Posts: 152
    edited November -1
    Ahhhh ok...I completely understand!!!!!
    607-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Not trying to talk you out of anything but just fyi - with all of Kate's tummy troubles we were finally able to start using cloth around 9 months. So maybe down the road you can revisit the idea!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'd have to buy new stuff anyway! The boy grows like a weed. At 4 months he's nearly 15 pounds, and the pedi says we can start to introduce cereals around 6 months (and maybe even regular formula to see if he can handle the milk protein). So with all the up coming changes to his diet and his growth pattern, the cloth I have just isn't going to cut it. I'm thinking of trying some all in ones once we get his tummy and booty under control.