Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Update and thanks

tangotango Posts: 75
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Thank you all for your kind words, compliments and congratulations on the arrival of our sweet Thomas. I really couldn't wait to get settled into our hospital room so I could update our NW family about his arrival.

We've now been home since Friday and we are settling into a routine. DP's mom is still here helping with everything from laundry to snuggling Thomas to keeping Kate busy, which is a tremendous help. I will hate to see her leave on Thursday.

Thomas had his first pediatric appointment on Monday. He is doing great and had gained back 4 ounces from his 8 ounces lost at the hospital. He is not jaundiced at all and was given a completely clean bill of health. We are so grateful for that. We had very much struggled with the decision as to whether Thomas would be circumcised. We ultimately decided to do it, but were very ambivalent about it. The morning it was to be done, the pediatrician came into our room and told us he was "naturally circumcised" and she couldn't take off any more. I cannot express how happy we were to hear this! We both burst into tears. Our sweet boy really is perfect.

Kate is adjusting wonderfully to being a big sister. She comes running everytime we need help with Thomas. All in all, I would say life with two kids is "so far, so good."

Thanks again for all your kind words. You all are the best!
IMG_0076-1.jpgHOnfm5.png
Thomassbirthpictures329.jpgyKLWm4.png

Comments

• Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    So glad that Thomas is doing so well!!!

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what exactly or how is it that he was "naturally circumcised" I have never heard that before.
    TIA.
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    tangotango Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    No problem, gabeekeeper. We had never heard of it either and hit Webmd.com as soon as we were home from the hospital. Basically, it's a birth defect where Thomas doesn't have as much foreskin as a "normal" baby boy. I never thought I would be happy to have a child with a birth defect. Our nurse said they see this in one baby every two months. It looks equivalent to what some pediatricians call a "loose circumcision." The pediatrician said we could take him to a urologist to have a millimeter or so of foreskin removed, but we won't do that. She said he will look circumcised in the locker rooms in his future, and that really was our concern. That may sound trivial to some, but we live in the south and 80-85% of Thomas's peers are circumcised. We figured he already has two moms, so why makes things any harder.

I know many people disagree on the circumcision decision, but we are grateful for the way things turned out for our family.
    IMG_0076-1.jpgHOnfm5.png
    Thomassbirthpictures329.jpgyKLWm4.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Great news all the way around! It sure sounds like everyone is settling in well and enjoying baby Thomas!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    congrats again and happy to know your little thomas is one healthy little guy!
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • Options
    ljfor3ljfor3 Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    Aww that's great! Glad everything is going so well!
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    Congrats! Our nephew was "naturally circumcised". Glad everything is going well and everyone is adjusting!
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I'm so glad that little Thomas is doing well! R's cousin recently had a baby boy who is "naturally circumcised," as well. By the way, you do not sound trivial at all, in our opinion. The "locker room" reason is one of our biggest reasons for getting Holden circumcised. We realize that this sounds a silly to some, and we are also rather ambivalent, but we have decided to do it.
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    So glad all is well...love following on Facebook and seeing the new pics. He's so cute!

Funny about the "natural circ"...Sebastian was blessed with the same, so no circ for us either! We struggled a lot and ended up deciding not to after discussing with our Pediatrician that it really isn't necessary (prior to knowing about the "natural circ") and he even said if he had a boy he wouldn't do it as it truly now is just considered a cosmetic procedure and doesn't carry with it any medical necessity (hence the AAP no longer recommending it).
    Anyway, congrats on your beautiful family! :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    I am so happy things are going so well for your family!
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    Glad things are going well.
  • Options
    2mommies2mommies Posts: 52
    edited November -1
    He is a beautiful baby!!! Congrats! Glad to see all is going well.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Happy to hear all is going well -- love the pics of Kate and Thomas!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png