Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

6 week ultrasound

care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
My RE scheduled my first ultrasoundfor this morning, actually we're on our way now. I'm so nervous. I know the heart is beating already but what if he can't see it? Is that normal? What will he actually be able to see this early?
093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    I had my first US at 7 weeks and we could see the heart beat. I am not sure about 6 weeks. Sometimes it depends on how high your betas are, I think that is what I have heard!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    at 6wks 4d, you should definitely be able to see a heartbeat. I think in rare cases of a tipped uterus there could be an issue, but at this stage you should definitely see the HB
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    We actually saw 1 heartbeat on baby A and no heartbeat on baby B. We had another ultrasound at 7 weeks and both babies had a heartbeat :-)

Ultrasounds are amazing!! Have fun!!
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    AMAZING! We sure did see the little flutter and hear that strong heart beat! Music to a mother's ears! Thank you everyone!
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    Congrats!!!! So happy that you were able to hear the heartbeat.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png