Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Apparently Evan is going to be a giant..

JebaJeba Posts: 280
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hey! We had a Dr apt yesterday and the Dr. made the nurses re measure Evan twice because she did not believe his height/weight. He has gone way off of his growth curve. She said we need to watch him because he is growing so fast. I knew that he is a big boy but was so surprised they seemed so shocked by it that I didn't think to ask why are we watching and what are we watching for??? Evan actually has calf muscles already and is super strong. He lifts and carries things that Ava can not even budge. I do not think he looks crazy big or anything and he does not look overweight. He is obsessed with playing basketball so maybe I have a future player on my hands! LOL!

Evan is 37 1/2 inches tall and 36 lbs

Ava is 35 3/4 inches tall and 26 lbs

What are your kids stats??
jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png

Comments

• Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    WOW! They are both tall. I can't believe he outweighs her by 10 lbs!

Lauren is 2 years and almost 5 months. She is 35 inches tall and right around 27 lbs.
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    What a big boy!! Glad to know that they are doing so good!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    ds1 is 3 years and 8 months old. he is around 44-45" tall which is way, way off the curve. the baggage guy weighed him on their scale a couple of weeks ago when we were at the airport and it said 47lbs. he is proportionate though and actually looks skinny.

ds2 has his checkup on friday but on the airport scale he was at 30lbs.

our ped never says anything because she knows our donor is tall (6'4").

i thought all of ds1's height came from our donor because i am only 5'2" but my mum told me that on my granny's side there were some tall people and her cousin is 6'4".

can you call your ped to see why they need to keep an eye on evan? is your hubby tall?

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Your son is an inch taller and 1lb heavier than my son, who is almost exactly 1 year older. He used to be in the 75th percentile for height, but at his 3 year appointment he fell to the 50th percentile, so average. Our donor is 6'4" but I am just barely 5ft tall.
    age.png

age.png
  • Options
    JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    Our donor is 5'10'' but my mom says that my bio dad is at least 6'7'' so I guess he is going to be tall like him. I told the pedi that and she said that could be why but that he is growing at a faster speed then usual..
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited April 2011
    Z who is almost 3 in a few days is about 36 or so inches & 32 pounds. He is tiny though! Riley on the other hand is 12 months and 31 inches & 25 pounds. Riley has been 25 pounds since 9 months & always huge! The donor is 5'11 and a healthy weight and I'm 5'1 & tiny so I was a little surprised at how big he is but all of the other children with the same donor are big too.
  • Options
    Ronna71Ronna71 Posts: 144
    edited November -1
    When my son turned 3, he weighed 33 pounds even. (I remember the day, 3yrs and 3 days, because he had a T&A surgery done that day). I believe he was just about 33 inches at that time as well. He used to follow a growth pattern of just below the 50th percentile back then. I guess Evan really is going to be a tall boy! :-)
  • Options
    ljfor3ljfor3 Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    My friends sons are like that. Right now at 6 he's the size of a 10yr old. Both height and weight. Her 3yr old son is the size of a 5yr old. Not sure where they get it because both parents are 5'8 and 5'9. I love little bruisers, hoping our son is like that! Addie is 3 and 36" and 29lbs...she's a peanut!
  • Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    They probably just want to keep an eye on his speedy growth because it can be very hard on their bodies. My nephew was a crazy grower. He is 17 and is 6'6" now. At 14 he looked about 21 years old because he was so tall and he could grow quite a manly mustache and beard! But they watched him closely because the the bones can be growing faster than the muscles,ligaments, tendons and he could be prone to injuries if that's the case. My nephew was always super skinny and he ATE CONSTANTLY. I do feel bad for him because he actually has stretch marks from growing so fast and he is so self conscious about swimming and stuff. He is built now, he holds the record for the state weight lifting. He is ripped and has nothing to be embarrassed about but he is so worried people will look at those stretch marks.
    so, that could be why your doctor wants to keep an eye on him...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think it's so interesting that their weights/heights are so different!!! E was always bigger though huh? He's about the same height as DD but she weighs closer to 30# or so?

Absolutely remarkable!!! Sign him up for pee-wee football quick!!!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Haidyn is 22 months old so she is about 5 months younger than your kids and I don't know her stats exactly but I know she is somewhere around 35 1/2" and about 25 lbs.
    Lex is 3 yrs 5 months old and was just measured at 39 1/2" and 33 lbs a couple weeks ago.
    They've both always been tall and skinny.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    At 2 years and 7 months, Shiloh is 29 pounds and 36 inches tall. For weight she's now in the 50-75% which was a surprise for me because she was always underweight. But for her height-to-weight ratio she's in the 25-50%. When I look up her height online she seems to be in the 75%. But when I see her with other kids her age and older, she's definitely tall!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They'll want to keep an eye on him and make sure he's not headed for early puberty. Even at this age there could be signs. If boys mature faster sometimes they grow too fast and then stop so they turn out to be shorter in the end. They're probably thinking to be cautious but not worried at this point. If he were my son I would be watching out for other signs of puberty such as changes to his voice or smell and possible pubic hair growth. If you see anything like this I would call the doctor immediately. But it's probably nothing. If you're really concerned you could have his blood hormone levels checked and potentially have a scan of his growth plates done. But most likely he's just nice and tall.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    Wow he is a big boy. Beck is almost a year older and he is 36 inches tall and 28ish lbs. People must not believe you when you tell them that "A" and "E" are twins. Well congrats on a big healthy boy!!!!