Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Just got home

HopingForBFPHopingForBFP Posts: 520
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi ladies and thank you so much!! I am a little out of it still. Very dizzy! We arrived at about 12pm and I got changed and then laid in the hospital bed for hours, they put in my IV at around 1:30 and then wheeled me in at 2:47. They kept giving me morphine and that stuff burned SO bad while going through my IV. I fell asleep about 10mins later. My mom said the surgery lasted for about 2 1/2 hours, but nobody told her when I got out of recovery so that she could see me until 4 hours later so she was mad! Anyway's, the doctor told her the surgery went great and that it was a good thing I had it, because I had a huge cyst that had formed that needed to be drained and removed before it burst and caused an infection. It was the gland that controls the vagina lubrication and controls cm. He also removed a block of very thick scar tissue. Now I need to make me an appointment to get checked out by him in 10-14 days, he's going to remove the stitched(ouch!) My mom said I was really out of it last night, that I kept saying how much pain I was in and that I had one eye open, but it kept rolling back into the back of my head so that you could only see the white part. She said it freaked her out. The doctor had to keep giving me pain meds because the pain wouldn't go away and I kept going in and out of consciousness and kept asking my mom the same questions. I keep asking her the same questions today too though, lol! They took out my catheter at I think 12pm and then had me pee an hour later, I made sure my urine was diluted so that it wouldn't burn much and then they tried to put another catheter back in there and I was not going for that. We went back and forth on this for about 5 minutes and then she said well you can tell me I refuse it and then she'll let the doctor know. So I told her I refuse. She said it was to make sure I was emptying out my whole bladder. They also took out 4 feet of a long thick strip of paper they had impacted up there to keep the walls of my vagina from bleeding out all over. So that was uncomfortable when they were taking that out. My doctor told me earlier that it would be ok for me to bathe twice a day(especially since AF started yesterday), but the discharge nurse keeping telling me no baths, just showers. I'm going to call my doctor about this. I am still in a lot of pain and dizzy from the vicodin which hasn't helped the pain at all. Just makes me out of it!! Sydnee was great for grandma and grandpa. She slept a lot! I am not aloud to pick her up though for while. I cant lift anything 10lbs and over and I cant bend. A month ago I went to see a different doctor about how the left side of my vagina was swollen and so sore. I mean it was big, she looked at it and just told me that the doctor who stitched me up didn't stitch me up evenly and that my vagina was just lopsided now. I knew that wasn't the case since it wasn't always like that and it felt swollen, now to find out that it was a huge cyst about to burst. Ugh.. doctors!
8688290472_8f0eb25fa6_z.jpg
age.png
9346155527_f7f126c056.jpg
age.png
BFP- 8/9/09 at 10DPO, after 4 years TTC. Sydnee born on April 14th 2010. BFP #2 at 11DPO 9/29/12. Due 6/11/13

Comments

• Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Wow, you have been through a lot. I hope you feel lots better soon.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I am so glad you are home and (though stoned) doing well... keep us updated on your progress as you heal. Wow about the cyst... good thing they found it when they did! Hope you start to feel better soon.
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    Hopeful2010Hopeful2010 Posts: 134
    edited November -1
    Hope you start feeling better soon. Sorry the pain meds are not helping much but I assume they might be helping some but because of the amount of pain you still feel some. Hopefully it is a quick recovering and you feel back to normal in no time. But rest will definitely help. So take all of it you can.
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow! I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Am sorry that you are having to go through all this. The first week (especially days 3-4) after any major surgery is the hardest but after that it gets easier. Hope the week passes quickly for you -- and beautiful baby Sydnee too!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    CharmedCharmed Posts: 205
    edited November -1
    I have had one of those cysts and they are SO uncomfortable. That sucks that the first Dr missed it. Glad to hear that surgery went well and hope you are feeling all better soon.
    combatbootsflipflops.jpg

DHLLm5.png
  • Options
    HopingForBFPHopingForBFP Posts: 520
    edited April 2011
    Thank you so much everyone!! Charmed- I am definitely going to tell the other doctor about the cyst, because she was SO wrong. Spokanemommy- Thank you!
    I am in SOOOO much pain right now. It is absolutely Awful! the dang Motrin isn't working and I cant take anything else for 8 hours. Not to mention I am so bloated. I look like I am 4 months pregnant and my right hand is swollen from the IV and I have gained 7lbs even though I didn't eat for a day and a half. The doctor told me to definitely bathe and to come see him in 10 days so that he can remove the stitches, and then he'll start me on vaginal dilators. This is just about the same as what I went though after I came home with Sydnee(with the pain), except now she weighs more than 10lbs and So I cant pick her up at all and cant bend. Luckly my mom has been a huge help! She told me Sydnee was just not herself when I was gone, she slept most of the day and didn't want to get up(and that is definitely not Sydnee), but ever since I came home, she has been really hyper and her funny goofy self!!! : )
    8688290472_8f0eb25fa6_z.jpg
    age.png
    9346155527_f7f126c056.jpg
    age.png
    BFP- 8/9/09 at 10DPO, after 4 years TTC. Sydnee born on April 14th 2010. BFP #2 at 11DPO 9/29/12. Due 6/11/13
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    take care of yourself, lady. so sorry you've gone through so much. :(
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    So sorry you are in a lot of pain and the ordeal that you had to go through. Happy that your Mom is there to help with Sydnee. Rest and take care of yourself
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png