Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Sleep situations

A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Where does your little one sleep and what is their age?
th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Shiloh sleeps in her crib at night and naps in her swing. She's 2-1/2.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    E sleeps in her crib and our bed probably 60/40. She starts out every night in her crib and is there til 430 or so and then comes into bed with us til 730 when we all get up. Most days she naps two naps in her crib, but on weekends or some random days she'll nap with one or both of us. When we travel she sleeps with us for all naps and night.
    She is 8 months.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    at 3.5 he sleeps in his twin bed in his own room.

he slept in a cradle in my room for the first 3 weeks, then went to his crib in his room. he napped in a PNP in the main room (or on a blanket on the floor if we were at someone doses home) till he was around 10-11 months, when he was too mobile and started napping in his crib too.
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    yfnryfnr Posts: 418
    edited November -1
    Twins -
    first few months by my bed
    around 3 months to their crib
    toddler bed at 18 months - they started climbing out of the crib
    bunkbeds at almost 4

M-
    Co-sleeps from birth to present. Tried to transition him to crib around one without success
    Jamie
    Mommy to Twins plus One - donor 733
    DSC08654_zps76947225.jpg
  • Options
    lovelymswolflovelymswolf Posts: 149
    edited November -1
    Our boys are almost 11 weeks.. Just a few days behind you! Jax sleeps in his swing 75% of te time... And 25% he sleeps on a changing pad on the bed next to us. Our pediatrician recommended a large changing pad matress for a while until it gets too small. It is like a matress that has curved sides to prevent rolling. Kellen will not go to sleep unless I am holding him. I am trying to break him of this but it is becoming dificult. I sleep siting halfwy up on the couch while he is laying on my chest half the time. Sometimes I can have him fall asleep that way and then put him in his little lamb cradle
    swing-- he naps in that all day but just at night he has to fall asleep on me . I have intentions of getting them to the crib soon... But with two, right now I am justdoing what works :-) I would co sleep more if there were not safety concerns.. That is the biggest reason I won't sleep with Kellen in the bed and if he won't sleep unless with me- I sleep in the couch sitting up. How is Olivia sleeping and where?
    Fall2011358-1-1.jpg
    3qtim7.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Lovelymswolf--since week two Olivia has been sleeping in the rock n play sleeper right next to the bed...she is now sleeping for a 4.5-5 hour stretch for the past two weeks. After I nurse her at her first waking she now ends up in the bed with us until morning. Neither of these were part of our original plan, but we are all getting more sleep around here and I have to say that I like having her close. She is going to be growing out of her rock n play soon, so I am considering other sleeping arrangements.
    It is so hard for me to decide what to do with one, I can't imagine two! I'm glad to hear you and Courtney are getting some sleep though!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Justin, at 22 months, co-sleeps with me at night, naps in our bed on weekends, and naps in a pack'n'play at daycare. I'd like to transition him to his own bed in my room this summer, then move him to his own room in the fall. I think he sleeps more soundly when we're not co-sleeping or in the same room.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    Zen wrote:
    Shiloh sleeps in her crib at night and naps in her swing. She's 2-1/2.

what kind of swing do you have? I cant visualize a toddler in an infant swing - is it a different kind of indoor toddler swing?
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    Beck is 2 1/2 and sleeps with us. I think he will be in our bed until he goes to college. Beck has never slept in his swing, pack n play, crib, toddler bed etc. When he was 1st born he slept in his Arms Reach Co sleeper. Good luck!!
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Kate sleeps with me, always has, and likely will for a good 5+ years. We are both happy with it right now so until that changes I won't initiate any changes. At work she sleeps on a queen bed for naps but until 18 months she slept in her infant car seat on the swing frame (which Lydia is now happily snoozing in...I cannot recommend them enough for babies, especially hard to get to sleeper-s/stay asleeper-s!)
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    TxMoms2BTxMoms2B Posts: 532
    edited November -1
    C slept in a co-sleeper in our bed until he was 12 weeks, and then we tried to transition to the crib because the co-sleeper was getting too small for him. However, he HATED the crib and would not sleep for more than an hour at a time in the crib, after sleeping at least 5 hours in the co-sleeper. He then decided his swing was the greatest invention since sliced bread, so he sleeps in that next to our bed and has started sleeping 9-10 hours at a time that way. It's not ideal because his swing does not plug in and it goes thru batteries pretty quick, but getting sleep is soooooooooooo nice!
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    Finn usually starts out in her crib...and usually stays there from 8-2 or so....then she comes into bed with us. Although last night the storms were startling her so she slept with us the whole night. I love co-sleeping...unfortunately Finn seems to sleep better when she has a ton of room to sprawl out (at least for the first part of the night). Her naps are either in the crib...or on the couch next to me if I'm on the computer or something. She's almost 6 months.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    Lauren is now 2.5 and sleeps in her own room in a twin bed. She slept in the bassinet part of the pack n play for the first 6 weeks...in our living room. I was sleeping on the couch because it was the only place I could get comfy! She slept in the mini crib for 2 weeks in our room and then went to her crib in her own room at 8 weeks. She slept 12 hours straight that night and never looked back! She really slept better once she was in her own room...and so did we.
  • Options
    HadleyHadley Posts: 97
    edited April 2011
    brith to 4 weeks, in an Arms Reach sleeper used like a bassinet beside my bed, in a carrier, baby carseat, etc.

4 - 8 weeks, in a crib for sleep and naps as much as possible. Some naps would occur outside the crib (like stroller or carseat) and we tried to start minimizing those.

by 10 weeks we had set three "zones" - arms for loving and cuddling wide awake, carrier and stroller and bouncy for play time only, and crib for sleepy baby. We tried really hard to stick to our little zone plan. We had a few run ins with relatives who wanted to come over and put baby in swing to sleep or stuff like that. We were like "stick to the zones!" And it worked, by 12 weeks baby was sleeping 12 hours a night in crib. And we never cried it out, I would not have done that to a baby.
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    We keep the babies in our room in a bassinet or PNP until they are about 6 weeks old and then they go in a crib in their room with a video monitor. We avoid cosleeping at all until they are 1 and then it is just if they are sick or something.
    Our 3 yo and 22 month old just recently started sharing a room. They wanted to and we wanted to be able to keep a play room when we had the baby so it has worked out.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited April 2011
    Up until this week Sebastian always slept with us in our bed for the entire night. Starting on Monday DP and I have begun a routine of putting him to bed in his cradle (also in our room) and letting him sleep from around 9pm until he wakes for his feeding around 2am, then after I BF we put him back to sleep in bed with us until he wakes in the morning around 6-7am for his morning breastfeeding. We only started doing this so that DP and I could get a little more "cuddle" time just the two of us, as well as some sound sleep so we both function a little better. :-)
    It's been nice...but we do still LOVE having him in our bed for part of the night since he's only this little once and we sure do love our family cuddle time. And we know for sure we aren't ready to have him sleep in his nursery, even if its only one door away from us...

During the day Sebastian naps in several different places...he often falls asleep in his swing or bouncy chair, in which case we just leave him there. But if we rock him to sleep after a feeding we will usually put him in his cradle where he seems to sleep for longer periods.

Sebastian is 5 weeks old on Saturday.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    For the first 3 months, all three slept together in a crib that was attached sidecar-style to my side of the bed.
    From 3-8 months, my son slept in his crib in the nursery and the girls slept in the sidecar crib together.
    From 9-13 months or so, my son and one girl were in separate cribs in the nursery and the higher maintenance girl (needed a pacifier replaced frequently) slept in the crib in the bedroom (no longer sidecar but just a foot from the bed)

Once the paci lover learned to put it back in by herself, all 3 started sleeping in their own cribs in their room and they still do that now.

I think co-sleeping is a personal choice. I did a form of it with the sidecar crib, but couldn't have them in bed with me for safety and comfort reasons. We've put one in bed with one of us on VERY rare occasions (once or twice) but the kids don't like to co-sleep and we all sleep better with our own space. Sometimes there seems to be a lot of disdain for those who use cribs from parents who cosleep (not all, but some). It is the situation that worked best for our family, and the way we all got the most sleep. So many people here say they cosleep because that is the only way their child will sleep, well mine can sleep and self soothe just fine, and they will only sleep in cribs. Unless they're very sick, they just want to play if they're in bed with me.
    Jjr6m5.png