Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

state of emergency..

cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
If you haven't already heard about the numerous tornadoes that hit Alabama last night here is a small update. Our family has not been effected, thank goodness. However there have been entire cities in the state of Alabama that have been demolished. The University of Alabama and the town of Tuscaloosa was hit and several students have died. The count of casualties in Alabama is at 131 so far and they are still digging. I just can't believe this has happened. Please keep the state of Alabama and surrounding areas in your thoughts!

BMJK-- are yall ok? Did yall get any damage? Thinking of you and your families!

Comments

• Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear your family is safe! So sad, it is crazy what mother nature has been doing lately. I mean i know its tornado season but it seems so severe with EVERYTHING around the world in general.
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    I just talked to Missy (footprints) and so far they are well!! Thanks for the update!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LK- it was about 3 hours north of us that got the worst of it. As you know we are right on the coast line and fortunately weren't affected. Are yall still planning a trip in May? If so what are the dates. You can text me if you don't want to post it on here.
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    Thoughts and prayers for all those affected.. <3
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    I was actually thinking about yall this morning while watching the news. I am so glad to hear that yall are safe. Prayers are out for your entire state!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Sending prayers.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    cassafrascassafras Posts: 219
    edited November -1
    Oh wow, this is terrible. I had no idea it was so severe. One of my best friends and her family live in and around Tuscaloosa, I'm hoping I can reach her and make sure they are all okay.
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    glad to hear you're both doing well after all that. i've followed it on the news since i have a friend in mobile (i know, not even close). it looks AWFUL!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    babybaby- We are actually in Mobile.
  • Options
    cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    we're in tennessee and got it hard too after alabama.we have 240 confirmed dead.very scary.never imagined we would ever have to live through anything like that in TN.thank god for the sirens from east TN state University or i wouldn't have known when to grab up my babies and sit in the bath tub.we had 8 i tornadoes just in johnson city.
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • Options
    JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    I am glad everyone here is ok!
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • Options
    allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    The town my mom lives in got hit pretty bad. Their downtown was destroyed, her house suffered minor damage, theres no power or water, but they are okay. It's crazy to think about, my prayers go out for those families that got hit much harder than mine.
  • Options
    BMJKBMJK Posts: 113
    edited November -1
    Hey cocobay... I am glad to hear your family is safe and unharmed.. Misty and I are okay our neighborhood was hit pretty badly. We are just north of Birmingham and I havent been able to see or hear hardly any outside news. Our cell phones are our only lifeline we have and honestly they aren't working so well. We have no power, no water, no gas and no cell towers. We were finally able to get up to my parents who had a generator so that we could store our food and stuff. Our home only has minimal damage, but we have neighbors who have no homes or roofs or anything. It is just horrible this happened, but we are thankful to be alive and we have a wonderful community and they set up our library for us and our local restaurants donated food beverage. They also donated clothes, person hygiene items, baby supplies, batteries, anything one would need! It is just amazing to see some light and hope in our neighborhood.

I hope everyone else is safe and sound. Just know everyone is in our prayers.
    7a4d0244-1.jpg

tt10be14.aspx
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the death toll for TN is 280 now.alabama got hit much worse.i can't even imagine!
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    BMJK where do you live? My parents live in Cullman and it's pretty bad there.
  • Options
    BMJKBMJK Posts: 113
    edited November -1
    We live south of there in Fultondale. We have a lot of family on Misty's side in Cullman and they got it bad. I am sure they got it worse than we did. It just seems horrible all around honestly.
    7a4d0244-1.jpg

tt10be14.aspx