Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Chiropractor...

PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Well...Finn had her first adjustment yesterday and she LOVED it! I've always been a big fan of chiropractic care. I go regularly for maintenance and really believe it should be used for wellness and not just for when things "act" up. Anyway...Finn was on my stomach/chest for pretty much the entire adjustment. She giggled through most of it. She fell asleep and had her longest nap to date...and a really big poop. HA. Just wanted to share.
Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg

Comments

• Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    That's great!! Cute that she giggled through it.
    Question for you: How do you go about finding a GOOD wellness chiropractor? I've been dreaming of going to a chiropractor these past few weeks, but I have no clue how to find the right one. Any suggestions?
    I asked my doctor what she thought about me going to a chiropractor and she didn't provide any help.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I used to work for a chiro...and one of my friends is now a chiro so we go to her now that we moved back to PA. I would suggest asking around...and calling around. A lot of insurances will cover chiropractic care (people don't often know that) so I would check with your insurance to see what they offer. Monica and I (and Finn) each get 12 visits per year which is considered preventative care. We usually go every 4-6 weeks...so the 12 per year usually covers us. Monica typically has more issues then I do. Her belt and vest for work wreck havoc on her back and neck. And if it is an "active" injury the insurance will often approve more visits.

When you're asking around I would be sure to ask what type of "technique" the chiro typically uses. Monica and I both like being "cracked"...but we also like someone who does muscle work and lots of massage and pressure points. Oh and stretching.

Oh...and chiropractic care really helped me during pregnancy!

You could also email me and let me know the town you live in and I could ask my friend if she knows of any good chiros in your area. She's very active in the profession and seems to know people all over the freakin' place. : )
    Carrie & Monica

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I'm totally with Carrie on using a chiro for preventative/wellness care rather than just when issues arise...during pregnancy it helped me quite a bit, and after during my recovery from c-section when I couldn't move much or excerise. :-)
    Love that Finn enjoyed her first time!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    tinker13tinker13 Posts: 36
    edited November -1
    We used to get Josiah adjusted and it stopped alot of his ear infections! Chiropractors are awesome!
    DSC_0083-1-1.gif

tt101fca.aspx
  • Options
    LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    Hey do you think it would help at all to help my child become a better sleeper? At this point I will try just about anything. How do you find a chiro that will be good with kids?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It could definitely help with sleep. She definitely napped better yesterday and last night. She didn't sleep well last night....but we also had a lot of storms that kept waking her up. If you go to a chiro I would ask them if they work on kids. If not, I would ask other parents. Its worth a shot. : )
    Carrie & Monica

• Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    I love my chiropractor so much. I am sad I have to find another one after maternity leave.

As for finding a good one, I really recommend finding one who has a specialization in prenatal chiropractic. Mine knows all these awesome techniques and has kept me really comfortable during the pregnancy. She also did all my care before I was pregnant.
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    I saw my chiro twice this week for neck pain, he did adjustments but I still have a painful burning sensation in my mid-to-lower neck. I will see him again this week and HOPE it gets better. It really aches sitting at the computer desk, and driving. Lying down isn't top bad but it sucks!
    He was great and saw me without an appointment three years ago when I slipped three discs in my lower back....it was (aside from labor) the most painful experience of my life and he helped a TON. He got the swelling under control, did some adjustments and put me on a machine that streched my legs from my torso (that hurt like a son of a B, but helped in the long run) and some other stuff. He saved me that day, I couldn't even walk into the office and was completely fine two weeks later.
    SORRY, TMI BUT...I have always have diarhea the day after adjustments, is that normal? It kinda makes sense if they are working on the lower back in such close proximity to the intestines.
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I have sang the praises of chiropractic care for kids since I started taking Kate at this time last year. Before that, not so much! I was huge skeptic based on very ancient history of what most chiros USED to be. We avoided surgey all together for Kate's ears and it really helps when her allergies are especially sensitive.

I got a referral from Mel and while it is a bear of a drive for us I love her and it was so worth it! I only wish I had known/tried it when she was an infant and perhaps avoided reflux meds and several rounds of antibiotics for the ears.
    image_zps64579b54.png