Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Can you go to a club when your 14 weeks?

GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
My friend invited me and DP to go to a night club tonight to watch a drag show. We don't get many in town, so it is a rare occurrence.

Do you think it is OK or appropriate to go out? Of course I will be the DD for DP!!

Anyone else go out when you were pregnant? Also, my daughter will be coming home for a visit in the next couple of months and she likes to go out too. I always went and would go dance with her. I hate to say no if I feel up to it b/c how many Mothers have their 20yr old ask them to go out dancing? LOL
pqkom4.png
FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited April 2011
    If it's inappropriate then I am in BIG trouble... I was 38 weeks pregnant and still going out downtown. Granted the dancing wasn't much anymore at that rate, but DP and I have several friends that play in bands here locally that we go to watch.
    In fact, we went out to one of their shows with Sebastian when he was 3 weeks old...I felt like someone might say that famous movie line, "You have a baby..In a bar." :-) But we do what we want and having a baby hasn't changed the fact that we enjoy some time out on the town...granted we were probably the last to arrive and the first to leave, but Sebastian slept all the way through the loud music. He doesn't wake for much noise wise.
    So I say if you feel up to it then go out and enjoy yourself...at 14wks you'll still have a much easier time than at 38 weeks...trust me! :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    I would say go and have fun as long as it's a safe environment---I mean as long as you don't fear that a wild bar brawl will break out that you will be caught in the middle of it or something....
    I'm just teasing, but if it's not a smokey environment and you don't feel you will be in physical danger I would go and have fun. Plus it is somewhat amusing ( before it turns annoying) to be the sober one and people watch;)
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    tinker13tinker13 Posts: 36
    edited November -1
    I say go out and have some fun! I went out a few times when i was pregnant. It was actually fun to be the one not drinking for once and seeing everyone else and being drunk! Its quite refreshing. LOL. No but go have fun!
    DSC_0083-1-1.gif

tt101fca.aspx
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    You should definitely go, especially if it a place that doesn't allow smoking. Smoking is the only thing that would I would say would deter me from going if I really wanted to, as I don't even like to be around it NOT pregnant and definitely keep my kids farrrr away from it.

We even took Lexi to this little bar once or twice too with our old softball team after a game in the afternoon. We were in their outdoor bar area. We joked about the baby in a bar movie line too LOL
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Ali and I don't go out all that often, maybe to a bar every 2 months. Since I have been pregnant she loves to use me as her DD. I don't mind. We went to a bar a few weeks ago and stayed from about 8-10pm. I kind of felt out of place but I felt a whole lot better knowing that she was not drinking and driving! That is the only time we have gone to a bar since I have gotten pregnant. No one said anything or gave me dirty looks, I say go for it!! Have fun and you will know that everyone you are driving will be getting home safe and sound.
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was right around 12 week pregnant and was the DD for HUGE 4th of July party. I went as the DD for my sister but I ended up making three trips to get everyone home. IN Michigan you can not smoke indoors anywhere so the bar was smoke free. I had a lot more fun that I thought I would.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I say go and have fun!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    HadleyHadley Posts: 97
    edited November -1
    I don't know that I would, especially not if pregnant with twins and considered high-risk due to age or blood pressure. If the "bar" was more of a sit down kind of restaurant place then maybe on a special occasion. But clubbin'? or dancing? I would definitely not. I would not want the pressure on my cervix for one thing.

What does your OB say about going out - has there been no mention of bedrest as the pregnancy progresses? What has your cervix been measuring so far, etc?
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    I think it's fine as long as you do take it easy though there is a huge range of clubs. I used to go to one & a lady went until she was actually past due. It was a trashy place & she would stand there right near the speakers. It was so loud you had to yell. I felt so bad for the baby!!!
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    The only thing I would be cautious about would be dancing toward the third trimester, maybe earlier since you have twins on the way. A former student of mine went to prom early in her 8th month of pregnancy and dancing broke her water. She had to deliver two days later. The baby is fine, but it's not really a good risk to be dancing late in your pregnancy! (Not that you'll have the energy to!)
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    Go for it! I've been to several bars throughout my pregnancy and have had no issues (other than one highly intoxicated woman who wouldn't stop touching my belly on St. Patty's day).
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to a lesbian bar when I was 38 weeks. Mel was there, too. :-)
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg
  • Options
    babymakes3babymakes3 Posts: 433 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    go go go . you better go, those of us with kids will live vicariously through you for the night. do it now it will be one of few chances before having 2 kids and paying double the baby sitting
    connonandray.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I think DP is wanting to stay home, she says she is tired. I took a nap today so I'm ready LOL. Show doesn't start until midnight so we might make it.
    pqkom4.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Of course you can go! It's not like you're planning to break dance, right? Dancing needn't be any more strenuous than brisk walking. With music. And people! If you get tired, sit down. And of course, no shots for you!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    jenoglv wrote:
    I went to a lesbian bar when I was 38 weeks. Mel was there, too. :-)

ha, I kept watching this thread and waiting for you to chime in!

Yes, Jen was at the bar at 38 weeks pregnant and she looked GORGEOUS! We were sitting the whole time and it's a smoke free bar.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Do we get an update? Did you have a good time?
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hahaha,,, I took a nap that day to prepare for the big night out,,, then DP fell asleep around 9pm in the recliner. My friend who had invited us called at 10:30 and said she was too tired to go!!

So, I guess pregnant or not, my crowd is just too tired to party!!

Maybe we can go out when my daughter comes home to visit!
    pqkom4.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I think you SHOULD go out when your daughter comes for a visit! I'm just waiting for my step-daughter to turn 19 so we can go out and do these things together, but I'm pretty sure I will be going out with my sisters over the summer, when I am 25-30 weeks!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!