Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Just. So. Sleeeeeepy.

onemorebabyonemorebaby Posts: 472
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Oh my goodness. I am just so so tired all of the time. I will be awake for only a few hours in the morning, and I am overcome with a crushing feeling of tiredness. I take a nap when I can, but even after sleeping - I wake up and I am STILL tired!

UGH! I feel like someone gave me nyquil and is making me stay awake!!!
My blog! www.ifyoulivedhereidknowyourname.blogspot.com
Welcome Baby Madelynn! 11/29/11
419260_3081228479933_1540462223_2749331_1507377435_n-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    Right there with you! I had to tell my boss because I find myself getting drowsy during my long shifts! I hear this is mostly a first trimester thing, so hopefully it'll be gone soon!
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    When I was pregnant with Lex if I fell sat down ANYWHERE I fell asleep in seconds. Amanda still jokes about it. I wasn't nearly as bad this time.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    That was me 1st trimester too. It does get better
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the first trimerster... I am JUST starting to be able to keep my eyes open past 9pm, but even last week I was sleeping 10 hours a night and taking a 2 hour nap in the day, and STILL dragging my butt! Growing a human is hard work!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Yep, I remember thinking I would just sit down for a minute and then opening my eyes 2 hours later...it does get better.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    tinker13tinker13 Posts: 36
    edited November -1
    First trimester is pretty rough, tiredness, weakness, nausea, bloating. etc. I promise it will get better. In the meantime take a cat nap when you can!
    DSC_0083-1-1.gif

tt101fca.aspx
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    The first trimester is bad, the second is pretty good, and the third gets bad again. I'm saying this to encourage you to do as much as possible during the second trimester before you get that tired again (baby shower, decorating the nursery, stocking up on diapers, making meals and freezing them, etc.). Hope you turn a corner soon!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    It gets better! One more month :)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    TxMoms2BTxMoms2B Posts: 532
    edited November -1
    I hear ya...I was on progesterone which only made the sleepy feeling worse!
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    I'm right there with you with the sleepiness. I just woke up about an hour ago from a 3 hour nap and I'm ready to go back to bed.
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    Thanks Kari!! LOL~~about first being bad, second being better and third getting bad again!!! I'm kidding!! Just getting over the hump of first trimester, the tiredness and peeing all the time, has been nice. I still am sick but not as bad! But that made me giggle and I wanted to pick at you!!!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Me too! I can barely even keep up with checking on the forum and email. Also I cannot believe how sick I feel. my throat burns from throwing up.

I dont want to complain, I dont mind because I know its a good thing that my hormones are working, but its hard to stay hydrated.

The weird thing is the sicker I get,the more it sinks in that I really am pregnant. :)
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I JUST started my second trimester yesterday. And I swear I have more energy already. Not loads mind you - I've been happily lounging in a hotel bed for the last 3 hours catching up on the forum from my phone.... but... the crushing desperate need to rest faded a little. I'm so excited! I hope it'll last! And now I feel like I can really tell my family... and my boss... but that's another post!

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I could have slept through the first four months of pregnancy, no joke!
    You'll get a little break and some energy in the second trimester, but then prepare yourself for some more exhaustion toward the end.
    Hang in there! Relax and rest when you can...
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I knew you probably wouldn't want to hear that it gets bad again. Actually, it might not for you. I was up all night long with acid reflux, then working full-time 5 days a week. I could sleep during the day, but not for more than 20 minutes at night. I was so thankful when the doctor put me on medical leave at 36 weeks because I hadn't slept much in a month at that point.

As for the first semester, that was worse than the end of the pregnancy. There was one week I recall in which I did NO housecleaning whatsoever. I could live with not vacuuming or cooking, but I remember not changing the sheets for two weeks, which completely grosses me out even to today. To not have the energy to do a five-minute chore at least once in the course of 14 days . . . that was tough. I know better now to hire someone to clean for those few weeks!

Hope this phase ends quickly for you! In the meantime, get some rest. :)
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I have always founf the 1st trimester to be the worst for sleepiness. Maybe I will swallow these words when I hit 3rd tri this time, but besides being big and waddley and uncomfortable, I personally was always able to sleep well at night in the last few months, the crushing exhaustion is worst for me in the first few weeks.

Then again I am one of those freaks who gets HUGE, and loves every minute of it - once the vomitting ends I adore being pregnant, I like the hiccups and kicks and big round belly, the ginormous breasts (I've already gone from an F to a G this time!) because for me, once the vomitting ends, I never feel better then I do when I am carrying a new life within me, and never feel more beautiful and sexy either!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!