Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Remind me again...

GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
...why tuna is not the best thing to eat? I know it is not on the no-no list, but it's on the limited list, and I can't remember why.

Because, I just made my home-made fish cakes (made from tinned tuna) and they are DIVINE *ahhhhhhhhhh* (that was the choir of angels) and polished off half a batch to myself in one sitting. Ooops, but yummmm!

On a side note... vinegar is my craving right now... rice with rice wine vinegar, fancy bread or veggies with blasamic vinegar, chicken marinated in apple cider vinegar, fries with white.... If I can put some kind of vinegar on it, I'm a happy girl... and I NEVER vomit back up something that has been vinegared!!
tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!

Comments

• Options
    yfnryfnr Posts: 418
    edited November -1
    It's because of the mercury level in it. I think it's one of the lesser of the evils if you purchase the right type. I'm not sure which though. I hate seafood of any kind so it wasn't a problem for me (:
    Jamie
    Mommy to Twins plus One - donor 733
    DSC08654_zps76947225.jpg
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Yup, mercury.
    I think 1 can per week is ok ....?
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    yep but it i my FAVORITE food. I typically eat it 1x a week. The tuna WITHOUT oil is better for you.

Beth
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Oh good! I never buy the tuna in oil, just packed in water, and I use 2 cans in the recipe, so even if I eat the rest tomorrow, I have not had any for the last month at least, and I'll just wait at least another week to make more! I think it is the lemon in it that makes them SOOOO good!

I just worry a little bit - my midwife is of the "everything in moderation" approach, and told me not to limit my diet, whatever I feel like to have at this stage, so I have to come here for all my information!!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!