Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

menstrual-like cramping - pre-term labor or constipation?

fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in Pregnancy and Babies
It's so hard to analyze my wife's "cramps"! I've kind of forgotten how preterm labor felt, but I do remember feeling some menstrual like cramping. the gestational diabetes diet isn't helping with digestion though and I'm thinking she might be feeling some of that too. Anyone else remember what it was like pregnant with their first child and trying to figure out what you were feeling?
age.png

age.png

Comments

• Options
    jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My cramps were definitely more like period cramps. And there was a definate difference between some mild cramping and actual labor contractions.
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I was clueless. I thought my water was leaking, and I went into the hospital and they hooked me up to the monitors. After about 30 minutes the nurse came in and asked how I was feeling and I said fine. She asked if I felt any contractions, and I said no. Come to find out, I was cramping every few minutes with Braxton Hicks. This happened every time they hooked me up to the monitors for the last two months of the pregnancy, and every time I didn't have a clue! I just thought Justin was stretching out and that was causing the sensation, like he was pushing on my uterus with his head and feet.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    I had menstrual type pain. I would definitely call your OB.
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    We have an appt. on Weds at 10:15am. I'll let you know how it goes!

We have our "baby moon" this coming weekend - we are going to Sonoma & staying in one of our favorite places...I just want to make it to then...baby emerson can come any time after that!

ALso found out today that my wife may need to start insulin because her #'s are sporadically above normal...really bummed about that.
    age.png

age.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about the insulin. :-( At least she's close and it will only be for a little while.
    As far as the cramps go...I did have some AF like cramping as I got close, but could definitely notice the difference between that discomfort and real labor contractions.
    Good luck at the appt tomorrow.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    menstrual cramps is exactly how i would describe early labor, and i didn't even feel those (or anything at all) until i was several hours into labor.