Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Best places for nursery decor

BMJKBMJK Posts: 113
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Good Morning everyone. As you know Misty and I found out we are having a little girl last week. We could not be happier to have our own little princess here soon. I find it just amazing how I haven't even met our little Harper yet and already I am wrapped around every finger she has. I want her to have every little girls dream room. We originally thought that we wanted to do just baby animals in her room, but we found an awesome steal on a beautiful brown and pink crib bedding set, and we just couldn't pass it up. So now we are I guess just creating as we go. I was hoping the best ladies around could give us great websites or stores to look up nursery decor. I know that we wanted her name over her crib and everything but I am looking for something a little more unique that just wooden letters. I know everyone here has a great creative side, unfortunately I about as much creativity as a bag of rocks. I was hoping some inspiration or something could rub off on me..lol. I hope everyone has a great day.
7a4d0244-1.jpg

tt10be14.aspx

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think google shopping can be very helpful if you have specific ideas. Also etsy.com is awesome. With bedding already picked out you can go off colors or animals or sports or garden theme. Or... All kinds of options!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    We didn't get an actual bedding set. We custom ordered the bedding from a boutique here in Mobile. Since we didn't get an actual crib set we had to mix and match decor. I have found lots of cute stuff on etsy and ebay, also try buybuybaby. Can't wait to see pictures of little Harper's nursery. We were actually in Birmingham/Hoover this weekend visiting some friends and my friend took me to buybuybaby for the first time. We don't have one down here. OMG it was soooooo overwhelming. I had a great time though. We also went shopping in the Galleria because we stayed at the Wynfrey. It was big too!
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited May 2011
    This is what we're doing above the crib in our nursery for his name:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/73081077/personalized-6-letter-name-or-word-in
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    I'm a fan of pottery barn kids. They have all kinds of cute stuff.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    We used etsy.com a lot for Sebastian's nursery...still do for a lot of fun things not nursery related. If you search images of nurseries on google you can probably find a lot of inspiration. I always like the idea of picking your favorite children's book or story and building around that. Many places even sell prints from famous children's stories, like any Eric Carle books or stories like Charlottes Web, the little Prince, etc.
    Good luck and have fun! Hopefully you'll actually make use of the nursery, Sebastian hasn't spent ANY time in his and I'm doubtful that he will until he's at least 1. Glad for that reason we didn't go crazy and made the room more translatable to an older child as well since it will likely be his toddler room as well.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    I'm also a fan of Etsy.com. That's where we got Finn's bedding from. I actually get all kinds of stuff off of etsy. : )
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    I love the pink/brown idea!!
    Because I live in a backwoods retirement town, I actually did all of my nursery shopping online (Target.com, BabiesRUs.com, Walmart.com, etc). I found it great for mixing and matching, AND determining if all of the accessories were available (matching mobiles, crib bumpers, lamps, wall borders, etc).
    Regarding the wood letters, shop in advance!! I had planned to buy some for Lilianna's room and have my mom hand-paint them while she was here (after the baby was born). The only letters I could find in town were about 2" long (I wanted much bigger letters), and I couldn't find all of the letters I needed. I ended up never getting them, and I am still bummed about it.
    Also, I go tlucky with a great stencil set that I picked up at Walmart. I painted the room three colors, and then added stenciled flowers around the border. It was the perfect touch.
    Here's a pic ....

paintedwallsinbabysroom.jpg
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    BMJKBMJK Posts: 113
    edited November -1
    Thank u all for the advice. Cocobay, lol it's funny to think u were so close to us. We also had plans to visit Hoover this weekend but the tornado seem to mess up the plans. Yea buybuybaby is HUGE we went in there a lot to window shop before we knew we were expecting a little girl. But we haven't made it out since. Shaley Mae.. The decorations on your walls are beautiful.. I am no where near that creative lol. Our painting is just plan and average...lol
    7a4d0244-1.jpg

tt10be14.aspx
  • Options
    2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree that etsy is a wonderful place to baby shop!
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png