Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Sciatic pain? I don't think so!

twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
So, I have been having killer hip pain the last few weeks. My OB said it was probably the baby pushing on the sciatic nerve. Well, I bought into that for about 2.5 months now. Last night though, it occurred to me that this isn't sciatic because it's too "in the hip". I honest to goodness think that it is from my delivery of Lauren. I had a nurse that insisted my leg be wrapped around my neck (almost literally). AS Lauren was coming out of me, it was my HIP pain from the nurse pushing on me that I was focusing on. It hurt so bad that I didn't even really think about the pain in my woo-hoo. Well, long after I was healed from giving birth my hip pain lingered. 3 months after L was born I was still in a lot of pain. It eventually went away after about 6 months. Well, LAst night it hit me that it is the SAME EXACT pain!!!!!!!! It seems to be getting worse as the pregnancy goes along.

Am I crazy?

Comments

• Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Don't have any advice but I just wanted to say that I hate you are in such pain!! You don't have too much longer now right?
  • Options
    twicejesstwicejess Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    Thank you!!! 7.5 weeks to go!! Now that I think I have figured out why I am in pain, I am going to be asking my doctor for some real advice as far as yoga, massage, chiropractor...physical therapy...something. I am just wondering if it makes sense that it could be from the delivery or if I am just crazy!!!
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I highly recommend acupuncture! Hope you get some relief. My body will never be the same in so many ways since giving birth so I don't think you are crazy at all!
    image_zps64579b54.png